The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

Knoxville Dsm Meet 09'

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I saw the Talon on cl. It Looked pretty sick, but sounds a bit pointless. It's adding extra weight and you gotta pull the motor to work on it. Why not use a 4g63? It's a great accomplishment, and looks nicely done. Is he using the stock tranny? I'm rebuilding the head on my Laser. Also have a few more mods/repairs ahead of me. You'll probably be on the road before me.

Here is a link to an upcoming, local DSM meet. Looks Like fun.

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/southeast-region-dsm/363349-2nd-annual-mitsubishi-mountain-meet.html

:dsm: :talon: :laser:

You should search first bro... I picked up a little over 80 lbs after the swap and picked up right @ 100 hp and around 90 ft lbs of torque . I would race this car against any 4g63t in stock or moderately tuned form . Of course boost over 14psi isn't moderately tuned....hahaha . 3000gt tranny was used with limited slip . Believe im goin to put a holset on it and keep it though .... On another note . I have a pretty nice 1991 plymouth laser rs turbo for sale. Here is a link to the craigslist........

1991 Mitsubishi eclipse/laser Rs TURBO...Modded-LOOK-$2600obo

Gage

and as for Kevin92laserAWD's comment , the car in my profile pic is a dirt track car that I sponsor .... I dont know if you have never been to a dirt track race before but they all look like that and the car won 5 times last year on the engine I built for it.... The car is @ 7800 rpm's for 10 laps . As for paying for someone to work on my car , I dont have to do that and I also do advertise , Im in maryvile tn with a registered business license .
Thanks
Gage

I'm guessing it started life as an NA.

Is anyone going to this 'Mountain Meet'? I rather like the Deals Gap part.

If I can get the Laser up and running well, I'd like to go. I still have to rebuild the head, and fix some odd ends. If I took my 420a out there, it would probably blow up. LOL. I'd also like to get another local meet going here in Knoxville sometime soon. I can't get a hold of anyone at 411 speedway to find out about getting the track or dragstrip. Anyone got any pull at any other speedway?

I have a few friends that know Donnie but I don't know if a track rental would be the best idea as they're usually quite expensive. Besides, why not go on a Sunday or something so you can beat other cars! LOL!

those 5hp briggs jr drag cars haul balls...hahaha . Suck to get beat by a little kid.. hahaha we are all down to , should be me with the v6 talon , dan with his holset hx40 talon and wuan with the galant vr4..... lets just set somethin in stone soon.. im ready....

...another GVR4 around here?! Sweet!!!! So does anyone want to throw out a date and hope their DSM is still together by then? I'm curious to see what the 3kgt swap does at 411!

I'll try to get dad to bring the GVR4 providing my car doesn't break any more stupid shit.

yea, my boy wuan's had his white gvr4 for ever... couple bolt on's but he dail drives that bi*** with 220xxx miles on the factory motor/turbo.... impressive... If I still have the 3kgt swap car by then...haha if not il bring my 2000 volvo c70 turbo coulpe .

p.s. me and dan (92talontsi) went to the 1st mountain meet and it sucked a bag of ass holes , the best part was drinkin 2 cases of beer at the hotel and scarin the front desk lady rallyin in the parkin lot... just letin you know , its not worth the drive from here to see 5-10 2g's that barely run but have a bunch of chromey bolt on's.....hahaha

Well then we need to group up and go up there and show everyone how we roll. :hellyeah: 1g's and gvr4's FTW! Most DSM meets I have attended have been pretty weak. I heard there was a big one in Florida a few weeks ago. I still can't get hold of anyone at 411 btw.

Last edited:
last i heard 411 and knoxville are closed so far this year, 411 has money problems and going to court, and knoxville doesnt have anyone to run the track the guy that was doing ran off to race for himself, but not sure how true thats just what the word is right now

...p.s. me and dan (92talontsi) went to the 1st mountain meet and it sucked a bag of ass holes , the best part was drinkin 2 cases of beer at the hotel and scarin the front desk lady rallyin in the parkin lot... just letin you know , its not worth the drive from here to see 5-10 2g's that barely run but have a bunch of chromey bolt on's.....hahaha

I am sorry to hear that you didn't have a good time at the meet last year. If you have any idea's how we can make this meet better, PM me and let me know. Most of the people who went last year said they had a great time. Actually, this is the first I heard of someone who didn't like the event.

Here are a couple of the better picture threads from last year's meet:

North Carolina Mountain Meet May 29-31 2009 PICTURES and VIDEOS...56K Warning - DSMpurity.com Forums

Tail of The Dragon Pics May 09 - evolutionm.net

AHH . I believe well stay down in around knoxville , I believe we all have plenty of places and beautiful twisty roads around here, not to mention deals gap is 30min from us , 2 drag strips and a awd dyno.....soooo:hellyeah:

And I hate to burst bubbles , but this is dsm tuners , not evo tuners...... Fu$k evo's . A bunch of rich boy cars.... Waka Waka Waka ... . . . . . hahaha

p.s we did some tuning on wuan's white galant vr-4 yesterday , maf-t , safc-2 , tune up , boost up to 15psi now so if anybody see's him out runnin around and your fealin froggy give the ole galant a go....hahaha super sleeper..

Ive got a idea for a meet if anybody is interested.... We could all meet up @ chillhowee lake on one pretty saturday and cook out and run deals gap... cheap and fun . There are a bunch of areas right on the lake that are gravel were they let you cook out and what not and the cops wont mess with you there as long as were not actin stupid... Very pretty up there to.......Just a thought since all the drag strips are closed.............

I-40 dragway in crossville is opening up for test and tune very soon. Don't know how it will be but Friday nights is gonna be a new thing with music. Last year they started serving beer. Bounty race starts this weekend to start the reason! There are several cars under 5 seconds on bounty night. Just thought I would let u guys know since crossville is only about an hour from Knox and a way better track than 411 was. Go to i40dragway.com - Home to check it out

Im not talking trash about evo's , and if I wanted to drop 25k on a glorified dsm I wouldnt , Id buy 4-5 nice 1g's....but if you wanna swing from there dicks go ahead... this is DSM TUNERS.....NOT SWING OFF EVO'S NUTTS TUNERS........ We have dsm's not evo's , and yes evo's are a ### boy car.... its a car that somebodys mommy or daddy's credit line has got them.... #### evo's and #### people that swing off there dick.....hahaha... FTW well see how many people show up at a meet... I know ill be there, dan, wuan ,mystic and a handfull of other dsm'ers that truely like to do this shit and not just talk about it....... Lets say CHILHOWEE LAKE MEET APRIL 10TH... That should be enough time for everybody to plan.... hell it can be a first annual.... Ill bring the beers...hahaha

haha ya and I tuned on a dsm not a evo..... but I see your point.... Im goin to make a new thread.... mystic. Get ahold of your buddys that came out to the last meet in knox....

Hey guys, check the new thread for the april 10th chilhowee lake meet

Tail of The Dragon Pics May 09 - evolutionm.net

Actually boostjunkie , brought it in , if you would have search first that was who I was referring to . Then you chimed in to it.... You coming to the meet or what.... Hell bring some evo's .... Dan's dieing to out run some shit in his talon..... Everybody check out the Meet thread....

Gage

well your comments were directed to evo guys so that's why i commented on it. Ya I'll come out to the meet and bring some others with me. Hell I'll even get my wife to bring the Evo. Who is Dan and whats so special about his talon?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back