The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

Journey of the golden DSM

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KevviD

Probationary Member
May 3, 2015
La mesa, California
This story could start years and years and years back but ill just begin last summer when I came back home from college for summer break and obtained a substantial amount of money. I searched up and down for potential cars hoping to buy either a 240sx 300z or an eagle talon and ending up finding a straight diamond. This eagle talon was nearly spotless bodywise and interior except for sun damage in some spots. The engine held up for the rips of our test drive but was clearly in bad condition when we checked it out. An alternator bolt was rubbing against my belt however we fixed that promptly after my purchase ofthis car. I had planned to fix this car up but I had no idea what I was getting myself into. After a couple weeks of recklessly ripping through san diego my timing jump when a friend of mine pushed down on the belt. I then decided it was time to start the rebuild. I cleaned, fixed or replaced nearly everything under the hood I could and inside the car. New wheels, new rims , the whole 9(that I could afford LOL). When summer came to an end I still was not finished and had to go to school without my car. When the next break rolled around I finally got it fixed up and finished. I got a sound system and a full tank of gas I was set. It felt so good to finally drive my car. Almost surreal. Its been almost a year since i bought this car and I could not have asked for a better ride. i learned so much about repairing cars as well as driving with this little 4 banger beast. However, irecently i broke down on the freeway on my way up to school. I went through a whole adventure getting my car back to my house. Anyways, I love this car more than anything (material) but i cant afford to or have time for Doesnt Start Monthly anymore. Although i have to let this car go i will never in my entire life x2 let it go to a pick n pull for 117.64$ -.-l to be ripped apart piece by piece . Ive put alot of money sweat, time and busted knuckles in this car . I want it to go to someone who will continue my work and help this car reach its greatest potential. A definite diamond in the rough. Just needs a little polish so people can realise its shine !

Its a 1990 eagle talon 51k miles. 5 speed manual. 4G63 2.0 Non-turbo. FwD
also, lots of tlc in the last year. She needs some head work (or a new head) and a new timing belt. If anyone feels like they are up to it please do not hesitate to hit me up. Im located in Merced . Well.. thats it haha cya

Attachments

• PhotoGrid_1429320603833.jpg
    PhotoGrid_1429320603833.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 139
  • PhotoGrid_1422341747576.jpg
    PhotoGrid_1422341747576.jpg
    180.6 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back