The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Is anyone in SJ still dsm'ing ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tmoney might know of one, nothing down by me for a little bit and don't have a car to get myself anywhere

we don't have anything planned yet, but that can change at a moments notice when @LouieAWDTSi sends out his group text messages :)

anyway, while @Slowdoorwedge stopped over, i decided to try another test with the SCG-1. As I recalled, the maiden voyage with the wastegate solenoid hooked up is when the gauge started acting up, so I unplugged that and let the car idle for a few minutes. I happened to notice the gauge reset while it was sitting there idling, so that's not it either.

I'm going to try one more test, with a new o2 sensor, after that, I'll have to turn to innovate and see if they'll exchange it or something.

Innovate issued me an RMA to send the SCG-1 back to them. "warranty" was up in january, so it looks like i'll incur a $45 service fee at a minimum. i'll try a new o2 sensor tonight and see what happens, if its not that, then i'll send the gauge back, which means the car will be down in the meantime :(

At lease you are getting somewhere tony LOL
I'm down for something with weekend. Thanks to Tony for the help putting some new stuff on the old "slut". Ordered my new wb o2 today with the logging cable. More fun to come.

put new o2 sensor in, calibrated, and idled the car for longer than i did when @Slowdoorwedge was here the other night, and no issues. guess a drive is in order next to see what happens.

Installed @tmoney20g s 1g maf and ecu, cleaned my throttle body, adjusted bliss all the way in, installed a new isc. Car ran and idled good till it warmed up. Now I can't get the idle below 1100, there is a sporadic idle surge and pop. Ohhh and also deleted my egr. Idk how to get the idle down any lower or get rid of the surge and pop. Anyone have any ideas on what I could check? And it was boost leak tested and everything is good/ repaired.

next would be base timing, and even tho the throttle body is clean, the FIAV could still be bad. its a wax pellet that wears out over time and i guess it lets air past or something. you'd have to google 1g FIAV and have fun reading a billion pages of issues.

1). You shouldn't bottom out the biss. You can fry the isc driver on the ecu
2). Make sure your throttle cable has enough slack
3). Make sure the idle stop switch is properly adjusted

Installed @tmoney20g s 1g maf and ecu, cleaned my throttle body, adjusted bliss all the way in, installed a new isc. Car ran and idled good till it warmed up. Now I can't get the idle below 1100, there is a sporadic idle surge and pop. Ohhh and also deleted my egr. Idk how to get the idle down any lower or get rid of the surge and pop. Anyone have any ideas on what I could check? And it was boost leak tested and everything is good/ repaired.

I read a bit about it, I am winding of maybe when the TB was cleaned if the wax ended up getting removed. I also was reading about a block off but I guess some more reading is instore. Picking up tires tomorrow just something cheap so it's driveable, then have to trow new pads on the front, bleed the breaks and the clutch and put the interior back in, then body work. Inspection. Is going to be an issue.... hey @tmoney20g I have to replace my mirrors where did you find yours I was digging them when I stopped by.

We just checked the voltageI just adjusted the tps to spec voltage and getting correct ohms in the range. But if you back the blissue pit any the surge is bad. I just read in the book that once the tps is adjusted to the proper voltage you should adjust the isc. The throttle cable is disconnected right now didn't hook it back up after I pulled the tb. What's the idle stop switch?

Phone died but Nvm, I know what the idle stop switch is didn, t realize that's what it was called. I'll check it tomorrow when I have light. Using a flash light and a spot light blows.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back