The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Installing a turbo 4g63 into an nt 4g63

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yes they'll work just fine.

Raph said:
mine ran fine yesterday..but today it felt slow??? like hitting fuel cut.. or the ecu was pulling timing..i think i may be getting toio little fuel or something..

\im only running 7psi on 310cc and a fuelpressure riser

oh and the dog stole and burried my oil filler cap LOL! (had to take one off another car LOL)

it was in the garage,the dog was there sniffing around..then he ran off..i thought nothing of it.. then the oilcap was gone! OMG i searched everywhere WTF

i maty need 370ccs and a fuelpump(walbro 190?) what yall think?

btw its a 4g63 nt plus a turbo rigged on it..i have a stock intercooler,2g bov .

update! found the oilcap(dog hid it in his kennel) ROFL

If he get's the walbro 255 then he might have to get an adjustbale fuel pressure regulator because the pump will over-run the stock FPR. The 190 would more then likely not do this.

tbTalonES94 said:
If he get's the walbro 255 then he might have to get an adjustbale fuel pressure regulator because the pump will over-run the stock FPR. The 190 would more then likely not do this.

no it will not over-run his stock fpr. im running a walbro 255 right now with no turbo and my car runs as stong as ever. the fpr will do exactly what its suppose to do, regulate the fuel pressure.

no it will not over-run his stock fpr. im running a walbro 255 right now with no turbo and my car runs as stong as ever. the fpr will do exactly what its suppose to do, regulate the fuel pressure.

I said that he MIGHT need an adjustable. I know on my car the FPR was over-ran, but on my brother's car it wasn't. Hence why i said he might need one.

Mavisky,

Awesome write up, I had attempted this once before like 5yrs ago and decided to just fix the turbo car up. But now, I'm trying to sort some kids headaches who turboed a n/t and its allll boogered up. Your article is a HUGE HELP in me trouble shooting it for him

Although, I have 1 question in regaurds to using the turbo tranny...

Are the axles swappable from the n/t to use with the turbo tranny? I had heard a *rumor* :coy: that u need the turbo axles and spindles to make this work because of spline count. OR is this only a 1990 issue?

At any rate, i think ima turbo my little brothers now :thumb:

I've always told people to stay away from anything made for a 1990 with the exception of the oil cooler setup. Everythint else is worse than anything from the subsequent other years and can often times cause big issues since they actually did change so much from 90-91.

I just yesterday (wednesday) bolted up a turbo trans to my car after killing multiple nt transmissions. If you inted to use the nt tranny I'd suggest you keep the power levels reasonably low. The last transmission was in great shape and was the best shifting transmission I'd ever had and WOT in 3rd gear literally stripped the teeth off of it. A very similar failure happened to TimG who was on the nt as well but had a 16g. Mine was murdered on a 14b.

I do have a clutch for the nt transmission if you decide to do your brothers that's still in great condition, I just obviously couldn't use it once I put the turbo trans in (which seems to be rubbing the front cross-member for some reason and will take some pounding to make it fit in there right).

Yeah, I HAD a 90 with issues... car id do this on is a 91 anyways :cool:

Most people say ya that can happen to any tranny. Well the point is that the turbo tranny usually goes out because of hard launches, not just hard pulls in 3rd gear. Ticking time bomb.

About the injector resistor pack, what is it's main purpose? What does it do?
My future setup is going to have 650cc injectors and I will have s-afc2, so do I still need it?

thx.

Some injectors are high resistance (non-turbo injectors) and some injectors are low resistance (turbo injectors). Unless you use the resistor pack or some type of resistor the Low resistance injectors will be getting to much resistance and then, well you can figure the rest out. Just you have to have it, or some type of resister to lower the resistance to the injectors.

I hope that didn't confuse you.

I was told before that you could buy high impedance injectors but they are harder to come by for some reason. I did the siring in of my injector resistor pack and its not hard at all. Only 5 wires if im not mistaken. Good luck :talon: :thumb:

Project ES said:
I was told before that you could buy high impedance injectors but they are harder to come by for some reason. I did the siring in of my injector resistor pack and its not hard at all. Only 5 wires if im not mistaken. Good luck :talon: :thumb:

I've never seen high impedance injectors for our cars that were any bigger than 550's, and I believe they were mighty salty as well.

Resistor pack is 5 wires only. 1 for a 12v source, the others go one to each injector .

Hey guys i have no way to get a turbo junk car around here there are about 50 nt but nothing other than that.

My question is does anyone know the actual id number for the pinouts to the ecu?I tried talking to my dealer but they are as worthless as they come and i dont have a way to back the terminal out with out damaging something.i noticed another person asking about this but he was never answered,any help would be great this is the last thing i have until i get her running.thanks guys

hey guys i am in my last step i am doing the electrical now but i have found some problems that i havent seen posted here.

i used this site http://www.ecanfix.com/users/mdhamilton/images/1990wiring/ecupinouts.jpg and vfaq for reference but for some reason my car is different.

if you look at there 90 schematics i should have no wires in 9,14,105 and a few others but i have a wire in each of these.

9 white wire
6 blk/grn
14 grn/red
105 black

i have a jan 1990 vin 4a3cs44r4le103773,also all of my schematics at work say nothing about it being like my car.

Do you guys have any suggestions this is all i lack to getting her started.as for the post above i just went to my snap on rep and got the tools to do it i needed them anyway for working on the line.

does anyone have a 90 factory service manual that might help me out in finding what i need to do to fix this?thanks guys

thanks alot but no it wont help as i said that is the one i looked at and another one i have above.for some reason my car is completly backwards but the weried thing is the car ran fine and i know that is how it came stock from the factory because i know the guy who owned it before me.thanks alot though

So is yours more like the 1991 or the 1990. My car has a 1992 body, but the little details are from a 1991 since its build date was september of 1991, probably one of the first 1991's to roll off the assembly line.

from the vin id on the door it says january 90,the vin is4a3cs44r4le******,and i have noticed other problems like this in the past with the ecu pins,when i was adding my a/f ratio gauge i was trying to go from the ecu but where everyone on the site and vfaq says the wire should be there was no wire in the location.do you have any clue what i should do?is there a site that will show the asctual break down for each 1g?maybe i can look at each and piece it togeather.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back