The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gsx_Parker

Probationary Member
Oct 31, 2018
Portland, Oregon
I am currently dsmlink v3 tuned on evo 8 660cc injectors which are causing some starting issues for me so i am looking to upgrade, what injectors should i go to? the guy who tuned my car recommended rc 1000cc, i was thinking 850cc. will i need a retune if i go to 1000cc or 850cc? im running a td05 16g, 255 walbro with aeromotive afpr and other supporting mods. I also have some old dsr 550cc would those be enough or would those max out? I am looking to run a little bit rich to keep it safe. i am new to my gsx and just looking to learn thank you.

I am currently dsmlink v3 tuned on evo 8 660cc injectors which are causing some starting issues for me so i am looking to upgrade, what injectors should i go to? the guy who tuned my car recommended rc 1000cc, i was thinking 850cc. will i need a retune if i go to 1000cc or 850cc? im running a td05 16g, 255 walbro with aeromotive afpr and other supporting mods. I also have some old dsr 550cc would those be enough or would those max out? I am looking to run a little bit rich to keep it safe. i am new to my gsx and just looking to learn thank you.
What are your final goals with the car? And yes you will need to retune with any larger than stock injectors

well i went with 850cc, have not changed the tune which was for stock evo 8 660cc injectors so it doesn't run well. how do i go about adjusting my fuel trim through ecm tuning on my mac. what do i download and where can i find the trim? what else do i need to adjust to get it running right? looking to have it run slightly rich

RC injectors are crap. I would go with ID1050 injectors (or if you don't mind used, ID1000)

You are going to have to reset your Global Fuel Trim in the fuel tab for the current size of injectors by using the calculator provided, then apply it to the ECU (save) and it should get you close. Dead time MAY have to be readjusted for a good idle.

so i changed my global fuel and dead time to match my 850cc injectorsm (-47.3 ; 330), it seems to run pretty rich at idle but as rpms increase i start to lean out. my tune that i got when i had the evo 8 injectors was tuned on speed density, do i need to change any of that for my new injectors? what all do i need to change from my last set up to my new set up?

Personally it does not sound like you should be messing with anything. Read the links. If you fail to understand it still, take it to a tuner.

Beautiful car, I will be on standby for the partout ;)

just trying to learn man im new to all this, i've been reading but things are not lining up for my set up. and there will be no part out i will die in this car or be buried in it. if you don't want to help me because I dONt sOuND liKe I sHoULd Be mEsSInG WitH AnYthInG then get up out of here

Post a log so we can take a look. If it's running rich then lower the deadtime. Lowering the deadtime leans the car out and should be used for idle, and lowering the global (-70 to -60) will richen the whole rpm range. Keep reading the ecmlink pages and you'll get the hang of it.

My thinking now is that since I had evo 8 injectors before my new ones the place that tuned my gsx may have changed the injector deadtime voltage, i've read where people have set them back to stock values then they run fine with other minor adjustments. I am now having trouble finding these stock values so if anyone knows them let me know!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back