The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

I Wana Learn

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CruDSM

Proven Member
Sep 19, 2013
Cru Land, Maryland
I am located in Baltimore MD. I have reached out to some shops and have recieved good information. But I wanted to see if there were any shops locally that will allow me to work with them as they build the motor. I have some knowledge but i would kinda like to be apart of the build and know what to look for so that I can maintain the car properly.

Any info would be great

The machine shop I had bore and stroke my quad allowed me to come in and help them out. They even took a little bit off the assembly bill because it took like 40 minutes less having two sets of hands. I had never torn into the case of the quad before (clutch and transmission etc) and I didn't want to screw it up, so I paid attention to that assembly and then built the head while they did the sleeve in the cylinder and set up the rings etc. Had it done in 2 hours start to finish with the machining done that night.

Just call the shop and ask, or you could maybe have the "head honcho" do it on the side for a good bottle of whiskey and cash money?All shops do stuff different. The place I go to is very customer friendly, plus I used to run into them and hang out at the dunes quite often.

Probably not going to find a shop that will let you do this- an individual, maybe...but shops are pretty strict with sightseers for insurance reasons.

Moved to your local forum for better exposure.

Thank you for the move!! I didnt think about the insurance part.

This is the best 4g63/dsm youtube channel out there. He explains everything in depth and gives reasons on why or why not to do something. Hours of 4g63 engine topic videos.

Jafromobile - YouTube

Only thing to do is read read and read and if you can watch videos and just watch tutorials. Doesnt have to be specific to youre car alot of things are generally the same

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back