The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

How much boost is safe?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SuspectLaser

Probationary Member
Apr 13, 2002
Channelview, Houston
Ive got 90 Laser FWD with a 3" Turboback exhaust......upper ic piping.....full engine rebuild (pistons,rods etc....)..and an 18G......how much boost do you guys think would be safe on my stock fuel pump/injectors without leaning out and blowing up?......thanks for the help.....Eric

stock fuel pump? i wouldn't go over 16lbs without an upgraded one. hell, i might not even go that high. the injectors aren't the main thing you have to worry about, the fuel pump is. keep the boost low until you get one. stay around 14-15psi.

i think he just meant a rebuild, not performance wise, just a regular rebuild...

i am installing a boost contoler tomorow on my tsi talon. my car is an automatic and i was wondering if it is the same as a standar at 15. Any input would be much appreciated!

Thankyou in advance!

i ordered a turbo kit, its all hrc except its a frankinstein 3 turbo and a frontmount intercooler, it has all the other parts that the hrc kit comes with, i was wondering that a safe amount of boost would be to run when i install this, i have all stock internals, i have eagle rods and pstons but i have not got them installed yet, so it will be running on stock internals for now

I think Frank turbos use a garrett T4 wheel, I can't remember, if so I have a full T04E and I'm running 10lbs on stock internals.....it's safe, but if you lean out you'll be pissed. I'd seriosuly think about some injectors and a good ingition box!

Well, if my car ever gets out of the shop...

Once I get the new engine/clutch broken in, I was wondering what a good setting would be for high boost (track use). The engine is a JDM 4g63, and the turbo is a 7cm 16G (not origional cyclone one). Anyhow, I know I can run it at 15psi safely, but would 18 be too much?

what kind of fuel mods do you have? And what size injectors did the jdm 4g63 come with?

wouldnt go past 14 with that plastic piece of crap they call a BOV on 2gs

im going with DSMaddict on this one its safe right at 14 psi for everyday driving and if u still have that plastic blow off valve i hope u dont ever go over 15......... but if u do go over 15 psi u will have a good reason to upgrade to a better BOV LOL
l8erz

Originally posted by DSMAddict
wouldnt go past 14 with that plastic piece of crap they call a BOV on 2gs

i second:thumb:

Ok what is a safe boost level on a stock t25 with 1g bov, brode uicp, intake, and cut dump tube, and joe p mbc. I was thinking 15psi but some say thats too unsafe.....

ive run 15 and my roomate is runnin about 15.5 not quite 16 and weve had no problems...........

BTW i have a 97 GSX and he has a 99 GST

Originally posted by my95tsi
Ok what is a safe boost level on a stock t25 with 1g bov, brode uicp, intake, and cut dump tube, and joe p mbc. I was thinking 15psi but some say thats too unsafe.....

Depends on the type of gas you are running..

-M

I'm buying parts for my turbo convertion, and I was wondering if I could run the stock N/T pistons while I safe money to buy better ones. How much boost could I run, or better yet, how much boost will the stock N/T pistons handle?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back