The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Holset turbo ID help

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jgw272

Probationary Member
Jul 29, 2018
Gloucester, Europe
Hi,
I was hoping someone would be able to help me identify this turbo housing, am trying to find the guts to go inside but need to make sure i get i right.
Any help will do.
Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_4234.JPG
    IMG_4234.JPG
    459.5 KB · Views: 62
There's so many variants to holset turbos. That's going to be tough. First see if its held on by bolts or a v band. If its bolted it's an hx 35 then you're going to need to measure the inducer inlet to get an accurate idea what wheel went in. There were a lot of different wheels used I've got a goofy one with 48mm inducer and 83 exducer to give you an idea. Check out the sticky s that are up in the turbo system tech for holsets

There's so many variants to holset turbos. That's going to be tough. First see if its held on by bolts or a v band. If its bolted it's an hx 35 then you're going to need to measure the inducer inlet to get an accurate idea what wheel went in. There were a lot of different wheels used I've got a goofy one with 48mm inducer and 83 exducer to give you an idea. Check out the sticky s that are up in the turbo system tech for holsets
It’s deffinetaly a v band mounting, Although I’m unaware of how to accurately measure the inducer and exducer. Also what is the sticky s? Sorry to be so unfamiliar with this but it’s my first time looking into things.

It’s deffinetaly a v band mounting, Although I’m unaware of how to accurately measure the inducer and exducer. Also what is the sticky s? Sorry to be so unfamiliar with this but it’s my first time looking into things.
They are the first threads that appear on the top of the turbo system tech sub forum

Maybe the boards resident Turbo man can help.
@twicks69 can you help out?

Welcome to the forum. As you get used to the different categories, you'll get used to who might be accustomed to giving good info.
Marty

It's a Holset. That is as much as I know. I am the transmission and driveline expert. ;)

@JusMX141 ; Justin is the turbo expert.

Man Tim, I have no idea how I mixed up you and Justin's tags but thanks for your knowledge on turbos ROFL.
Sorry man
There's Jus.

This place cracks me up, haha.

Only reason I say h1c is cause of the compressor housing style, but the inducer does look quite tiny. And now that I look for more than 2 seconds, it looks like and h1e. But yes, measuring is the best way to tell now, vs ppl like me stabbing in the dark.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back