The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Help with turbo

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RsKeith

Probationary Member
Nov 12, 2018
Phoenix, Arizona
I just got into dsms and resentley bought a 91 Laser RS. The car came with a comp 5858 but I believe it is blown due to white smoke coming out of the side exit. What is a good after market turbo with good spool and top end? The car is stock except for rod bearings, cams, and injectors

I just got into dsms and resentley bought a 91 Laser RS. The car came with a comp 5858 but I believe it is blown due to white smoke coming out of the side exit. What is a good after market turbo with good spool and top end? The car is stock except for rod bearings, cams, and injectors
Car is stock except.....look at your next post?????

I just got into dsms and resentley bought a 91 Laser RS. The car came with a comp 5858 but I believe it is blown due to white smoke coming out of the side exit.
Easily fixable if it's journal bearing...but the smoke is likely caused by something like a kinked/undersized oil drain, too much pressure entering the cartridge, or a poorly-functioning PCV system. If the underlying cause isn't corrected, a new turbo or rebuilding your existing turbo will only be money that's thrown away.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back