The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gsx_Parker

Probationary Member
Oct 31, 2018
Portland, Oregon
Hello DSM world I need your help before I drive my Gsx into a pond.
So I bout my 96 eclipse gsx about a year ago half built from a guy who was planning to make a drag car, but never finished. He had put a 16g Evo 3 td05 turbo, front mount, areomotive fuelpressure regulator, dsm link v2, water meth injection, gm maf in intercooler, full 3 inch Megan racing exhaust, and a few other little things. I picked up where he left off and rebuilt the head with forged valves, all new belts and pullys, new water pump, evo 660cc injectors, dsmlink v3 tuned by English racing, Short shifter, new 255 walbro fuel pump, act clutch, clutch assembly, and probably forgetting some else.
Here’s what’s going on, it’s has a real problem starting. The only way I can start it with the tune on is with starting fluid, and sometimes that won’t even work. It will crank, and sometimes it will turn over just once or twice but never fully start. It will makes deep noise from the exhaust as if it where about to start but won’t. This happens when it’s cold for sure, when it’s warm and has been driving for a little bit it will sometimes start back up with the help of a little pressure on the throttle, but not all the time. Also when decelerating if I dont down shift to second and take it out of gear at 1k, it will die. If it drops in rpms too much when decelerating and breaking, it will die. I have to tap the throttle or downshift to second and take it out at 1k or it will completely die. Yes this has happened to me multiple times in traffic, that’s why I want to drive it into a pond at the moment.
The guy I who tuned my car suggested that my injectors are to blame since they are old.
I have a stock computer and stock injectors and when I put those in it starts fine and won’t die. The battery is a brand new red top. Could it be fuel pump wiring? Could it be my starter draws too many amps where the injectors don’t get enough power? Could it be a wiring issue?
I am at a loss and flooded with frustration, don’t know where to go next or what to do, HELP PLEASE.

It sounds like your tune needs richened up at the idle section. What are the AFR's at before it dies?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back