The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G Help please! 97 awd m/t transmission in 95

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shifttsi

Proven Member
Jun 19, 2013
Wallingford, Connecticut
Hi guys after searching for 3 days now I cant find an answer to my issue.
I have a 95 talon awd I picked up and still building. I have a 98 awd m/t trans rebuilt and a 4 gear diff installed. I have no ac bracket but I bought the spacer for the bolt. I am trying to install my 1995 intermediate shaft to the trans but the bolt holes on the block are about 1/2 inch off towards the trans. Since its a 98 awd trans do I need a 98 intermediate shaft and ac bracket? Anyway can I cut my 95 shaft at the spline that goes into the trans? What options do I have? I found a 98 intermediate shaft on eBay but too expensive. Basically it seems like my original shaft is 1/2 inch too long. Im trying to get the car on the road please let me know what you think! Thanks

Also if you have a 2gb intermedaiate shaft and an AC bracket I can purchase for a decent price let me know! thanks

You might it have the 97 half shaft instead of 95 in confused.

The 95 half shaft works with all 95/99 even with the 97/99 ac bracket, that’s a bolt on part no matter what year of car or trans you have as long is a m/t.

The 97/99 half shaft has a different bolt pattern which bolts to the ac baracket, so you do need a 97/99 ac bracket in order to use the 97/99shaft.

Post some pics of the shaft, if you take some pics of the shaft installed to see the difference on it he bolt pattern will be even better to help you out.

However here is a thread about it with pics so you know better what you are dealing with.

http://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/halfshaft-bracket-year-differences-ac-mount.298124/

Last edited:
Hey Thanks for getting back to me. You are correct. I didnt need the intermediate shaft. I was trying to install the shaft with the axle still attached and appearently the shaft was not fully sliding into the transmission. I guess the weight and length of both parts together threw off my positioning into the trans. I am all set now. I was panicing because I had a 4gear diff installed and thought something went wrong with that. Thanks!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back