The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

has anyone ever done this?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JiveMasterT

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 3, 2004
Chest of Westerson, New_York
I am looking to run a GM MAF on my stock intercooler piping for the time being because i wanna be able to use that to tune for bigger injectors and pump as well as vent my bov...

anyhow, how would i make a section of upper intercooler pipe to allow for the gm maf? i was just wondering if anyone had the measurements of the parts i would need or anything like that. any input would be appriciated. btw, my gm maf is 3.5"... got it off a TA for cheap, so thats what im using.

that might work, but i would need a 2.25" - 3.5" coupler. any one know where to get one?

I got my adapters from Full Throttle Speed when I ordered up my maft. The 3.5" maft is actually a little larger than 3.5" so make sure you let them know you need it to fit the 3.5" maf and not just a 3.5" adapter.

mavisky said:
I got my adapters from Full Throttle Speed when I ordered up my maft. The 3.5" maft is actually a little larger than 3.5" so make sure you let them know you need it to fit the 3.5" maf and not just a 3.5" adapter.

ok... and is the stock piping 2.5 in or 2.25?

No idea what size it is on a 2g since you guys have some convoluted crap in there. So rather than keep that crappy section by the fuse box, replace it all with one of Dejon's kits.

mavisky said:
No idea what size it is on a 2g since you guys have some convoluted crap in there. So rather than keep that crappy section by the fuse box, replace it all with one of Dejon's kits.

i was just going to keep it for now since im ordering a big intercooler with short route piping, but i will still need the reducers since the kit goes to 3" instead of 3.5". i wanna put this on and the maf and then do the fuel system and get it all tuned and get framiliar with tuning it, then order my 50 trim and fmic with short route piping.

i didnt get a chance to go measure the pipe today because it was raining, but i will tomorrow.

sooo, I just decided to go with the whole intercooler setup now... might as well, right? i'll be sure to post pictures and reviews of the whole install and stuff when i do it...

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back