1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Trouble Logging In or Staying Logged In?

CLEAR YOUR BROWSER COOKIES! More info about this can be found here. If you still have trouble after clearing your browser's cookies and cache, reply to that thread and tell us what browser you're using and what device you're using.

2G GSX Bucks under certain conditions

Posted by tdd536, Sep 14, 2018

Please Support Kiggly Racing
  1. tdd536

tdd536 Probationary Member

Joined Sep 14, 2018
    Elkhorn, Wisconsin
    Heres my issue:
    When the fuel tank is below lets say 1/2 tank (gague is broken so i'm just guestimating) I get a condition where it feels like a large buck (hitting a brick wall) happens when accelerating quickly. When the tank is full or near full, this bucking does not occur. I have read up on fuel cut/boost leaks, and cannot find anything that relates to fuel tank level. I have replaced the fuel filter and fuel sock, and my fuel feed line is 6AN.

fuel system (-6AN feed line, stock injectors, stock regulator)
    Stock turbo
    Injen style intake
    Megan racing downpipe
    Greddy (likely replica) exhaust from downpipe back
    crushed 1g bov
    stock ecu

I have recently done a clutch job and most of the IC piping had to come off for it, as I have a side mount. I clamped down the hoses as tight as I could get it, and inspected the hoses for any tears or cuts. The condition still occurs. I am basically ruling out boost leaks.

I accidentaly had my wastegate actuator not hooked up (fun, fast accident) to the line, and it boosted up to 20psi without an issue when I had a full tank.

Fuel pressure regulator? Fuel pump? Too much air being seen by maf? I rule the last one out due to it not happening with a full tank.

Please toss around some ideas, I really am stuck here and want to remedy this issue as it causes me to make too many trips to the gas station.

My DSM:
    1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX

Street Build

T25   manual

Featured Products from our Supporting Vendors