The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

greengoblin's AWD Project

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I'm not sure if this was ever posted, pardon me if it was, but i'm curious what your racing background is. You're obviously extremely knowledgeable in building a car. Have any past builds? What groups do you race with and what exactly are you building this car for?

I'm not sure if this was ever posted, pardon me if it was, but i'm curious what your racing background is. You're obviously extremely knowledgeable in building a car. Have any past builds? What groups do you race with and what exactly are you building this car for?
The car, the myth, the legend, the ORIGINAL "Green Goblin" that Kevin built back in the day and believe it or not, he made that F&F looking aero functional.

8065392805_68af274e35_z.jpg

8065393872_aca9bd7a53_z.jpg

Holy cow! I was not expecting that!

So im assumingbthis new pedal system is a bias system so it has the bias bar on the brake pedal? And how did you go about choosing the right size MC for them? Did they hekp you choose or you already knew?

The car, the myth, the legend, the ORIGINAL "Green Goblin" that Kevin built back in the day and believe it or not, he made that F&F looking aero functional.

View attachment 305386

View attachment 305387

That was my first build. I bought that car of the showroom floor in Oct 1995. That pic was from around 99. It went through many stages.
Here is another pic from around 97-98

goblin%20and%20friend_zpsefezzaxy.jpg

Shortly after that car's demise. I built my second second dsm. My brother has this one now in Houston.

thebay.jpg
redbeast.jpg

Most everyone know what I'm working on now. It's being built for GTA and NASA time trials.The car was also meant for hill climbs but that is kinda far now being in Texas. I'm honestly just a guy in a garage that reads a lot, ask questions and listens, is not scared to try, fail and try again until it's right. I'm also pretty damn stubborn which can really help since I refuse to quit even what it take what 10 year or more to complete a build. Race exp. Let just say it was the early to late 90's and FF was very real on the streets of most large Texas towns.

Last edited:
My Hypertune intercooler core showed up awhile back from the land down under. I want to take the time and thank Allen at Strictly for answering all my numerous questions and getting the Intercooler core to me quickly! Anyone who has ordered parts from oversea knows it can be a challenge and these guys did a flawless job. I highly recommend them.
End tank fab work up next with the help of Brandon Eaton.

hyper%20tune%20core_zpsvtocl9mz.jpg

That was my first build. I bought that car of the showroom floor in Oct 1995. That pic was from around 99. It went through many stages.
Here is another pic from around 97-98

View attachment 305843

Shortly after that car's demise. I built my second second dsm. My brother has this one now in Houston.

View attachment 305844
View attachment 305845

Most everyone know what I'm working on now. It's being built for GTA and NASA time trials.The car was also meant for hill climbs but that is kinda far now being in Texas. I'm honestly just a guy in a garage that reads a lot, ask questions and listens, is not scared to try, fail and try again until it's right. I'm also pretty damn stubborn which can really help since I refuse to quit even what it take what 10 year or more to complete a build. Race exp. Let just say it was the early to late 90's and FF was very real on the streets of most large Texas towns.
Word...Indeed it was.

Why not just buy a bell core? Or are these better? Just bc bell are easier to get.
The Garrett or Bell could have been used but the Hypertune unit was chosen because they are lighter but still very efficient. Getting weight off the nose of the car is a top priority.

I just wanted to say awesome thread full of useful info. I just recently bought a 95 gsx and just so happened to come across this thread at work. To say the least it's consumed most of my time reading through all of the posts. I look forward to the out come! I'm actually glad to see this thread active sense it was created back in 2011.

As far as my car goes, I'm not sure which direction to take it, I kind of want a street and strip setup. I picked up a few upgrades but nothing has been installed as of yet. Maybe I could get a few pointers if you have any spare time. Thanx again for this build it inspires me to do better! =)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back