The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

420A Gear based boost controller

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

powellds2

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 3, 2007
Baker City, Oregon
Anyone know of any gear based boost controllers that are out there? I use a boost box on my srt and love it. I run the portfueler on my 420a and I'm trying to find a way to adjust boost specific to each gear instead of having to push a button. I was hoping maybe there was a controller that did a "speed + rpm = x amount of boost type of control since the ecu doesn't know which gear it's in, afaik. I think that would be the best way to get a gear based boost control when the ecu isn't an option.

Haven't really looked into this but I noticed when I had my stock boost controller hooked up I would have different boost levels in different gears, it would vary between 1-3 psi from 1st to 5th.

EDIT: as a matter of fact I still had a video from when I installed this cheap boost gauge and it was the only mod on the car at the time. As you can see when I shift the boost goes up in each gear so I'd look into how the stock boost controller works.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back