The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

FS:98 GSX

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Russ98GSX

Probationary Member
May 3, 2013
Monroe, New_York
AWD, 4g63 7 bolt, 5-speed, 20g Godspeed turbo, Godspeed intercooler, ACT clutch, aluminum flywheel, hydraulic clutch, Toyota Supra fuel pump, HSK cams, 660 Denso injectors, polyurethane bushings, new shocks, control arms, tune up, timing belt and water pump 7,000 miles ago, new Mishimoto radiator, new hoses and belts, Mishimoto thermostat, new mounted radiator fans, 13 psi radiator cap, A3 Racing muffler, 3 inch exhaust (straight, no cat or evap but passes NYS inspection), ported ceramic FP header, 8mm wires, 70mm sheet metal intake, new 220 Alternator, new down pipe, paint is 4 years old, Saibon II carbon fiber hood, ported O2 housing, custom wing, graphics and intercooler grill cover, two tone black/beige leather interior, new battery, electric seat still works, moon roof works perfect, AC and heat work great, all synthetic fluids, vented rotors, Panasonic CD player, power windows, 1000w amp and sub, 4 year old paint (original color), tires have 15,000 miles on them and are in great shape.

Head gasket and value job recently done with ARP head studs and Cometic head gasket. Head was machined - can produce receipts. The car is currently on the road and passed NYS Inspection last month. I'll be taking it off the road this month.

Problems: The car is still overheating and the radiator fans short out, they are run off a relay. None of my mechanics know why its still overheating. Since changing the alternator it also has to be re-tuned, I lost the tune. The alternator itself has to be replaced again. Its a 220 and the car's fuses don't like it. Its a $400 alternator with less than 50 miles on it. I'm assuming the alternator is causing the radiator fan fuse to blow.

Best guess, it just needs a short block, alternator, and a re-tune or someone who really knows their way around a 2G DSM. The amp wire needs to be re-run to the battery. Comes with an FMI water pump still in the box. You don't need a tune up for at least 20,000 miles.

I have over $15,000 into the project and I'm moving onto something else now. The paint alone is worth $2,000 and the body is in perfect shape. No rust, garage kept. It was very well maintained and driven as a leisure car and for dating purposes. I've owned it for three years and the last owner was a mechanic, he's actually a member of this forum.

Make an offer, but serious offers only... The car starts right up. Its running rich because I lost the tune and there is the over heating problem that can be fixed with a small investment. Body and interior are in excellent shape.

This is the perfect car for someone who really wants to get into a DSM project. Last tuned at 340 - 345 AWHP with 18 lbs of boost but it can be pushed farther with the current mods. This car moves!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    345.5 KB · Views: 139
  • GEDC0212.JPG
    GEDC0212.JPG
    42.9 KB · Views: 129
  • GEDC0213.JPG
    GEDC0213.JPG
    29.9 KB · Views: 115
  • unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 119
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back