The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

FP 68HTA dyno results

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

It's been a while, but finally was able to dyno the v2 hta68 today. Thanks to Lowell Foo at RG racing, car made 481whp/353 torque @ 28psi tapered down to 21ish psi by redline. Probably was able to squeeze little more with boost ,timing and fuel etc...beside that,I'm quite happy with the result.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited:
Could you please post other mods your car have. Making 480whp on rg dyno is very respectable especially on pump and meth since BC gas is shit. My car made 360whp on same dyno with green XL and pump gas along with meth spray. What has Lowell done to it in terms of tune? Please either PM me or post a reply here.

Hey Eddie, could you go into detail about the car's other mods when you were using the hta68? Thanks.

Could you please post other mods your car have. Making 480whp on rg dyno is very respectable especially on pump and meth since BC gas is sh**. My car made 360whp on same dyno with green XL and pump gas along with meth spray. What has Lowell done to it in terms of tune? Please either PM me or post a reply here.

Pretty much the same mods I’m running now with the exception of turbo, ex-mani and bigger injectors. It was an Internal gated hta68 v2, 10:1 engine, gsc s2,Fp exhaust manifold,JMF drag smim,fic 1100 high z pump gas walbro 400 pump, 840 low z secondary methanol a1000 pump, stock ignition coils, ngk wires, ngk br7es and AEM EMS v1. In term of tune, you have to talk to Lowell... Also GReddy Profec II ebc, which I have reason to believe was not working properly.

I just realized that you were spraying meth with secondary set of injectors-I guess that makes a huge difference for sure. Thanks for getting back to me on this one.

Its been quiet in here lately.........Installed a V1 68HTA about 3 weeks back, coming from a maxed out EvoIII 16g. Running it on pump 93/ methanol. Using HKS 264/272 at 30psi as of today. Very happy with the performance but the compressor surge is really annoying......

Who else is getting surge on the V1?

Hopefully be back with some #s soon.......setup is just about ready to go for it. Plan to push this thing for whatever it has to offer.

Interesting that you guys are both 1g..... so Im assuming both are on a 1g head, one has surge the other didnt......Before I was wondering if the 2g head was the difference, but maybe not. Thats good I guess. Im not sure what could be done. I know the FP cover has been offered/suggested but I would just use a green before I did that. I cant stand the surge. It would be really cool if others who are pushing this unit to the max would talk about their setups.......surge or no surge. Feel like Im driving a locomotive. Im looking for smooth boost, not this sloppy mess.

This turbo is getting pulled if I cant get it sorted out really soon. Life is too short and there are way too many other awesome setups that do not do this.

Guess the laggy V2 has some benifits after all...

A bit off topic, but my FP3052 surges like hell at 50-75% throttle. At WOT no issues at all. The surge is annoying on the street, but I'm not willing to give up the stupid fast WOT spool up, so I just minimize throttle inputs at medium load to circumvent the surge.

For you ECMlink guys, one way you could correct your surge is by using ECMlink boost control to limit your low end spool. Just play with the low RPM duty cycle to limit where your turbo starts making boost. The problem here being, you'll get some extra lag under WOT, which nobody wants. The best you could do is find a happy medium between your low end surge and decent spool up at WOT, but it's going to be a guess and check type deal.

Last edited:
Thats a decent idea.....I do use ECMlink and I do have the IR solenoid that I just made a little mounting bracket for, and haven't installed yet.......Ive even got my tables all set up how I think they should be when I do make the swap from the hallman. Im still getting familiar with the load factors that tend to promote the surge.......maybe I can get used to avoiding such conditions. Total bummer though. I cannot believe nobody else has cried about this on the level I have. What sucks really bad is that it does it when Im WOT & part throttle.

This issue has me wondering if this was their reason for making the changes they made to the V1. I realize they could no longer purchase MHI units off the shelf to do their thing to.....but they could have just made their own unit just like the V1 once things went south with the MHI 16g supply. They did what they did for a reason.

Ohh Good point Brett. I had my WDC set to lock at 100% under 26psi i think it was. nevermind throttle relation or anything else.. it wouldn't modulate boost under that but I honestly can't remember a time when surge was an issue.

Just have a look at some of your old logs if youd like to know if it was surging. Airflow line on the graph will show you if it was surging......it would be jagged through the trouble areas, zig zagging up and down rapidly.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back