The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Forza 4 !

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GVR4 is here, it's nice and slidey for AWD drifting, at A class it is somewhat competitive... no RWD swap...
they also put in some "mad tyte JDM" version of the legacy sport sedan... the legacy RS turbo, i haven't tested it yet

the mitsu 3 cylinder in the smart can be taken to 222hp

Awd drifting is for old ladies and people with no talent. Loose the training wheels and play with the big boys.

nope, i refuse to buy a wheel, turn sim steering off or drift at 5mph like most RWD losers. all i can pull on fuji D at a reasonable speed in RWD is 55k while dropping points left and right as apposed to 99k in AWD at a good speed....
RWD takes less skill then AWD if you be lazy and turn sim steering off or use a wheel....

nope, i refuse to buy a wheel, turn sim steering off or drift at 5mph like most RWD losers. all i can pull on fuji D at a reasonable speed in RWD is 55k while dropping points left and right as apposed to 99k in AWD at a good speed....
RWD takes less skill then AWD if you be lazy and turn sim steering off or use a wheel....

So having to counter steer and use the throttle to control a car takes less skill than pulling the e-brake and flooring it through turns? So is that why all real drifters use RWD. The only people who think AWD is better are the noobs. Points dont mean anything in real drifting. It's about lines, clipping points speed and angle.

Any one can build an AWD drift car. The challenge is building a great RWD setup.

Also you don't turn sim steering on? You let the computer buffer your steering? Thats true talent.

I still have an AWD setup for an S15 from way back when. I moved to RWD, it's just a personal thing I guess. Not into power sliding but into drifting. Eventually I got to my perfect setup after a few months with my new RWD S15, 225k on Fujimi. Hoping to improve it more though

So having to counter steer and use the throttle to control a car takes less skill than pulling the e-brake and flooring it through turns? So is that why all real drifters use RWD. The only people who think AWD is better are the noobs. Points dont mean anything in real drifting. It's about lines, clipping points speed and angle.

Any one can build an AWD drift car. The challenge is building a great RWD setup.

Also you don't turn sim steering on? You let the computer buffer your steering? Thats true talent.

if you know how to tune you never touch the parking brake except when you lock the front wheels to lock angle, decelerate and transfer to get the max points....
i'm not into that D1 garbage, it's just boring if i wanted to do that sh#t i would still pay FM2, and tandem gets boring after half an hour or so.... i have sim steering on 24/7, which with a controller in RWD(and FWD to an even greater extent) causes over corrections while counter steering because it's impossible to make the minute adjustments you need to.... if i could justify wasting the money on a fanatec i would drift RWD until then it's a waste of time and i'll stick with my AWD that i just hold it at full opposite lock

BTW AWD in the game drifts more like RWD in real life then RWD does.... at least with my tune

no driving aids and a RWD car with 300+ makes for a horrible driving game... all my cars are AWD or FWD the fact the anything RWD cuts loose in every gear is stupid

if you look at the RWD drift leaderboards the top guys just stay in 6th gear everywhere. i keep my RWD cars for tag and.... i guess tag is all i use RWD for aside from the occasional lotus P2P race

Whats the difference in the steering options? i never understood it..

sim steering you can overcorrect, and bumps in the track make it more twitchy,
normal steering they make it impossible to overcorrect... IMO it's just plain cheating to use normal steering

that's all i know of.

sim steering you can overcorrect, and bumps in the track make it more twitchy,
normal steering they make it impossible to overcorrect... IMO it's just plain cheating to use normal steering

that's all i know of.
Well im going to have to try that haha:thumb:

Wanting to start a DSM/mitsu only club on forza tonight. Add me TyCurtis

My gamertag on 360 is SuccubiAlibi, havent done much online play but I have won a drag race online with my gsx.

Im pretty sure forza 4 does have a 1g.

I havent had live in a few months, but last i checked cloest thing to a 1g, was a galant vr4

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back