The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

2G Finally dynoed e316g

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djseclipse

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 6, 2006
stony point, North_Carolina
Just thought I'd share. After owning my gst since 02, I decided to get a dyno tune with the 99 blackbox. Previously, I had a 95 eprom with keydiver chip tune.

Mods:
Evo3 16g, evo 2 o2 housing, 3"dp with high flow cat, 3" exhaust, stock 2g exhaust manifold, fic 650's, walbro 255 rewired, aeromotive regulator, ets fmic, s70 throttle body, magnus smim, fluidamper crankshaft pulley, bc 272s, kiggly springs/retainers, top speed lifters, arp l19, oem mls head gasket, act 2600, ngk br8es, and hallman mbc.

Super hot day with conservative tune. Zero knock and not pulling any timing it made 337whp and 320tq at 25psi on heavy 18" wheels with cat and 93 pump gas and 130k mile short block. I need to do a boost leak test. I think I may have a few small ones and I think the exhaust manifold my have a small crack resulting in the lower numbers and slower spool time.

Just my contribution to the Evo3 16g numbers if anyone is ever searching with similar mods. Think I may go with a fp green or hx35 next with some 1000cc injectors.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

That's VERY impressive man. Pump gas, hot as hell, humid........wow. That's a dynojet, correct? Elevation? AITs?
I only dyno'd once. My old setup with a fwd M/T. PTE 5558, stock DSM flange, E85 and all the other goodies you could think of. Made 497 whp. It was around 70* ambient but it has been YEARS. All i know for sure is that my lb/min airflow was dead nuts on and it was reading 53 at ~33psi of boost. The 16g is the all-around king of the 4g63. i wouldn't change a thing if i were you. Maybe more pump/injectors and e85 if you want another 35 to 45whp but i wouldn't bother, that's street flawless type numbers. Congratulations bro!

Thanks sir. Yes dynojet around 4000ft elevation. I was hoping to be on the other side of 350, but I'll take it. The 272's really help with wheel spin. I probably just add a fp manifold and cat delete and call it a day.
That's VERY impressive man. Pump gas, hot as hell, humid........wow. That's a dynojet, correct? Elevation? AITs?
I only dyno'd once. My old setup with a fwd M/T. PTE 5558, stock DSM flange, E85 and all the other goodies you could think of. Made 497 whp. It was around 70* ambient but it has been YEARS. All i know for sure is that my lb/min airflow was dead nuts on and it was reading 53 at ~33psi of boost. The 16g is the all-around king of the 4g63. i wouldn't change a thing if i were you. Maybe more pump/injectors and e85 if you want another 35 to 45whp but i wouldn't bother, that's street flawless type numbers. Congratulations bro!

Very strong numbers, especially with pump gas and a simple but effective setup. We can appreciate the keydiver chip, too!

Off topic, but where'd you get the high flow cat? Was it done by a local shop or was there a place you purchased one? I'm in NC too and need a cat for the pesky inspection...

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back