1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Trouble Logging In or Staying Logged In?

CLEAR YOUR BROWSER COOKIES! More info about this can be found here. If you still have trouble after clearing your browser's cookies and cache, reply to that thread and tell us what browser you're using and what device you're using.

ECMlink ECMLink Out of EPROM Chips? Other options...?

Posted by herostar, Nov 6, 2018

Please Support STM Tuned
  1. herostar

herostar Proven Member

Joined Jul 24, 2002
    Denver, Colorado
    I just went to the ecmlink.com website and it says they've run out of chips and don't have plans to get new ones. This was really sad for me to hear. I wanted to finally upgrade to DSMLink but now it looks like it's not an option?

I've been tuning my DSM for over 15 years using a dsmchips ecu upgrade, a datalogger, and an s-afc. The car has been a bit of a garage queen for the last few years and I'm ready to make some more upgrades, especially with regards to engine tuning, and drive it more.

What do you guys recommend I use instead of DSMLink?

My DSM:

Featured Products from our Supporting Vendors

2. Dsm panda

Dsm panda Proven Member

Joined Dec 8, 2017
    Franklin, Wisconsin
    You could always get a second hand one or learn to use a moats ostrich 2.0 and tunerpro RT but there's little to no info spoon fed to you and a steep learning curve.

My DSM:
    1991 Eagle Talon TSi

327 whp   307 lb/ft
    1990 Plymouth Laser RS Turbo

Street Build

manual
  3. streetraceboi

streetraceboi Proven Member

Joined Sep 4, 2002
    San Antonio, Texas
    The status of ECMlink V3 is still currently in the air. Until further notice, or possible release of V4.

There are also units out there for sale all over the forums and Facebook groups

4. bastarddsm

bastarddsm Supporting Vendor

Joined Aug 26, 2003
    Mendota, Illinois
    Buy a used one, go to a later flashable ecu, tunerpro and an ostrich, or go to a stand alone. If your car is 6 bolt swapped, I'd consider swapping to a 1g eprom ecu and running tunerpro rt and an ostrich. There is a lot more support for 1g chip tuning, than 2g chips.

My DSM:
    1991 Eagle Talon N/T

Showcar Build

9.805 @ 144.00 MPH
  5. twdorris

twdorris Supporting Vendor

Joined Feb 13, 2003
    Frederick, Maryland
    That's not entirely accurate. We ran into a significant issue late last week that required us to halt sales as we worked through those issues. We weren't sure what was possible yet or what direction we wanted to take. All we knew was that we were suddenly stopped in our tracks and had to suspend sales immediately or else we'd be unable to fill orders. And the last thing we want to do is take money in for products we can't ship.

However, that was 4-5 days ago and since that time we've been able to make progress on a rework that will carry us through next yet. We've also gotten a tremendously positive response on Facebook to the possibility of a V4, so we feel that really needs to get our full attention next...

Basically...please stay tuned for a few more days.

6. ChessmoDSM

ChessmoDSM Proven Member

Joined Apr 22, 2017
    Burlington, Vermont
    GREAT to hear Tom, thanks for the update!!

7. Dsm panda

Dsm panda Proven Member

Joined Dec 8, 2017
    Franklin, Wisconsin
    This just made my day better so glad to hear this!

My DSM:
    1991 Eagle Talon TSi

327 whp   307 lb/ft
    1990 Plymouth Laser RS Turbo

Street Build

manual
    ist dwa likes this.
  8. JusMX141

JusMX141 Moderator

Joined Dec 13, 2005
    Greensburg, Pennsylvania
    This is great news, Tom. I was prepared to contribute, if needed, toward any R&D of the new product- I can't believe the previous supplier burned you that badly on a useless counterfeit chip. :mad:

1990TSIAWDTALON likes this.
  9. m_0ney_pit

m_0ney_pit Proven Member

Joined Jan 12, 2007
    Reading, Pennsylvania
    Yea definitly go with a used dsmlink they show up in the classifieds all the time ... and it's such an awesome company as long as it's a genuine product they let you register it so it's really optimal to buy link used for your pocketbook

My DSM:
    1998 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

Street Build

14b   automatic

Street Build

16g   manual
    1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST

Street Build

14b   manual
  10. jakk220

jakk220 Proven Member

Joined Nov 13, 2010
    Akron, Ohio
    Eeew. You changed your profile picture. That is going to take some getting used to LOL

I would definitely help in anyway that I could as well. Tom has always had my back when I had issues with products or questions about them. I would definitely buy a V4.

And in Tom's words its not "counterfeit" but rather "relabeled" chips.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
    My DSM:
    1997 Eagle Talon N/T (sold)

Autocross Build

manual
    1993 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX

Street Build

16g   manual
  11. 1990TSIAWDTALON

1990TSIAWDTALON Moderator

Joined Nov 14, 2013
    Independence, Kansas
    I hear positive news and the DSM community is behind you of course.
    There's a reason we suggest your product as the first upgrade. I love your products and have 2 sons that use your product also. I'm willing to help any way I can!
    Thanks Tom.

My DSM:
    1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

Street Build

14b   automatic
    1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

13.620 @ 108.460 MPH
    1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

13.612 @ 107.760 MPH
  12. brian9397gsx

brian9397gsx Proven Member

Joined Apr 28, 2008
    sioux city, Iowa
    Great to hear from you guys at ecmlink I'm glad that there's something in the works. I love v3 and have been using it for a long time now. I'll be on the lookout for v3 details when and if anything comes of it.

My DSM:
    brian9397gsx 1993 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX

19.80 @ 35.55 MPH