The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

ECMLink No Longer Making Packages

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What generation Evo?

1-3 its a drop in. 4-6 used a flashable H8 with completely different ROM than the DSM so I believe some of the pins are different.

If it's a 7-up then you would have to make a patch harness. Also the Tephramods roms for the evo flashable ecu's if very well developed and a match DSMlink in my opinion. The only benefit I see in putting Link in those generation Evo's is that its the tuning platform you are familiar with and you wouldn't have to learn the different caveats of the flashable ecu's.

pretty sure you just use the dsm eprom unit in the evo if you want an evo 8/9 on link......not unheard of

pretty sure you just use the dsm eprom unit in the evo if you want an evo 8/9 on link......not unheard of

Really? The pinouts are different on the evo 7-9 ecu's hence why we can't just drop the flashable evo ecu into our cars. You have to make a patch harness. So I can't see how you could use a DSM eeprom ecu in the evo without the same thing.

So again I wonder why go through that hassle when the evo flash rom defenitions are so well developed? Is there really that many more features on DSMLink? Looking through the options I don't see where that's the case. Its just way easier to use with good support and software interface. Which I understand makes it worth it for many.

What generation Evo?

1-3 its a drop in. 4-6 used a flashable H8 with completely different ROM than the DSM so I believe some of the pins are different.

If it's a 7-up then you would have to make a patch harness. Also the Tephramods roms for the evo flashable ecu's if very well developed and a match DSMlink in my opinion. The only benefit I see in putting Link in those generation Evo's is that its the tuning platform you are familiar with and you wouldn't have to learn the different caveats of the flashable ecu's.
That is exactly why, there is a plug and play harness available. Ecmlink is so user friendly and I have been using it for years with good results. It’s my prefrence, ive never used evoscan, and already have my v3 and ecu so, plug and play harness and go!

That is exactly why, there is a plug and play harness available. Ecmlink is so user friendly and I have been using it for years with good results. It’s my prefrence, ive never used evoscan, and already have my v3 and ecu so, plug and play harness and go!

Ah that makes total sense. I didn't realize someone was selling the patch harness already done. That makes it way easier.

As someone who uses evoscan I can tell you it will get the job done but leaves a lot to be desired compared to other tuning platforms I have used. Definitely not refined.

Ah that makes total sense. I didn't realize someone was selling the patch harness already done. That makes it way easier.

As someone who uses evoscan I can tell you it will get the job done but leaves a lot to be desired compared to other tuning platforms I have used. Definitely not refined.
I believe ecmlink sells them, there is an article on their wiki

Ecmlink may be making patch harnesses, I didn't see them in my research, but there are places that make them, as well as patch harnesses to go from 1g/2g harnesses to h8 ecus. Problem is they're all expensive, when I was doing the Evo8 ecu in mine, I just made a jumper and it cost significantly less than buying one.

I believe @twdorris was using ecmlink in his Evo as well at some point, said it ran better than the stock ecu (tho I assume there was some creative adjustments made).

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back