1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Trouble Logging In or Staying Logged In?

CLEAR YOUR BROWSER COOKIES! More info about this can be found here. If you still have trouble after clearing your browser's cookies and cache, reply to that thread and tell us what browser you're using and what device you're using.

ECMLink No Longer Making Packages

Posted by Dstarperformance01, Nov 2, 2018

Please Support ExtremePSI
  1. iugrad92turbo

iugrad92turbo Proven Member

Joined May 22, 2007
    Kalamazoo, Michigan
    Marty they are still working on it and have some progress on the chips.

Featured Products from our Supporting Vendors

2. 1990TSIAWDTALON

1990TSIAWDTALON Moderator

Joined Nov 14, 2013
    Independence, Kansas
    I caught that yesterday Vic. The boys showed me the post from Tom.
    Thanks Vic.

My DSM:
    1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

Street Build

14b   automatic
    1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

13.620 @ 108.460 MPH
    1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

13.612 @ 107.760 MPH
    iugrad92turbo likes this.
  3. 95REGF150

95REGF150 Proven Member

Joined Mar 7, 2012
    Elk Grove, California
    To those saying for them to port over to the H8 that is not as simple as you would think. From what I have always understood, DSMLink is an entirely new ROM that they wrote for the earlier ECU's. The flash ECU's have completely different hardware from the earlier ones. So I doubt it would be a port so much as a full rewrite and like he said it's not worth the effort when most of the options available in DSMLink are already out there open source with Ceddymods.

I actually continue to use an H8 with Ceddy's rom instead of moving to Link. The only thing it didn't have working that I wanted was electric boost control. But using IDAPro disassembly software which is what Ceddy used to find the maps in the first place I was able to get it working. So expect V4 for DSMLink that would be the profitable solution.

Also, I agree with what Kurt said as far as Megasquirt products sometimes having software bugs and needing to take more care with your sheilds, grounding schemes, etc. What I do not agree with is that you should avoid MS3 or even MS2. They are great ECU's for the money. The target market for these are DIY people like a lot of use who don't mind having to figure stuff out for themselves as long as they save a little bit of money.

I run an MS3 on my 66 mustang. Some of the settings in the software have been a pain to figure out at times. But that V8 is making 600hp with a turbo and the MS3 has never let me down. And I'm into the whole setup maybe $750. So sure if your a real racer that needs high quality parts, or need your hand held on everything then spend the $1500+ on a bigger more refined brand. But MS certainly has it's place.

My DSM:
    1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX

Street Build

manual
    tametalon92 likes this.
  4. chrysler kid

chrysler kid Proven Member

Joined Dec 20, 2002
    Mckinney, Texas
    Just a marketing gimmick.

If they wanted to use this excuse you should expect them to raise prices by 20%

5. ChessmoDSM

ChessmoDSM Proven Member

Joined Apr 22, 2017
    Burlington, Vermont
    That is what we have always loved about you Kid, the absolutely positive vibes you add to any situation..:applause:

6. Vegas smith

Vegas smith Proven Member

Joined Dec 2, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    You're saying Ecmlink is making this up for an excuse to raise the price?

My DSM:
    1993 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

Street Build

GT30   manual
    1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD (sold)

16g   manual
    ChessmoDSM likes this.
  7. 1990TSIAWDTALON

1990TSIAWDTALON Moderator

Joined Nov 14, 2013
    Independence, Kansas
    I would hope that we are all being supportive to a supporting vendor. :nono:

My DSM:
    1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

Street Build

14b   automatic
    1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

13.620 @ 108.460 MPH
    1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

13.612 @ 107.760 MPH
    iugrad92turbo and ChessmoDSM like this.
  8. evilb

evilb Probationary Member

Joined Oct 12, 2006
    Des Moines, Iowa
    I would prepay for v4 to provide upfront support for development if a reasonable eta could be established.

9. 2G4GSX63

2G4GSX63 Probationary Member

Joined Oct 22, 2018
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Same

10. tametalon92

tametalon92 Proven Member

Joined Jan 5, 2012
    Rathdrum, Idaho
    Depending on features offered over v3, I would be absolutely open to that. Curious if it would be an upgrade option as well, vs. buying a whole new ecu? My biggest desire would be more inputs for the ECU to log additional sensors.

My DSM:
    1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

Street Build

manual
    1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

Street Build

14b   manual
    ChessmoDSM and iugrad92turbo like this.
  11. Vegas smith

Vegas smith Proven Member

Joined Dec 2, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Me too. I'm already struggling to figure how I'll run my fuel pressure sensor.

My DSM:
    1993 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

Street Build

GT30   manual
    1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD (sold)

16g   manual
  12. tametalon92

Joined Jan 5, 2012
    Rathdrum, Idaho
    This. I've been wanting to add one forever but don't really have the inputs available. Plus I want to do some logging with multiple iat sensors in real time on a future motor setup, and I'm strangled with the limited inputs now.

Unless I just add a second logging device...but I don't want to do that, rather have it all in one, aligned system.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
    My DSM:
    1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

Street Build

manual
    1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

Street Build

14b   manual
  13. Dstarperformance01

Dstarperformance01 Proven Member

Joined Mar 5, 2016
    Mustang, Oklahoma
    One good thing about new ecu’s is the abilities to monitor whatever ya what. Love my Cobb accessport for my focus ST! I hope they figure out something for my first love(DSM’s)!

My DSM:
    1993 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

Street Build

16g   automatic
  14. evilb

evilb Probationary Member

Joined Oct 12, 2006
    Des Moines, Iowa
    I agree with all you guys but never even got my hands on v3! I still own v2 and just when I pulled the project out of storage and started making purchases this happened. I want SD and flex-fuel damnit!

15. m_0ney_pit

m_0ney_pit Proven Member

Joined Jan 12, 2007
    Reading, Pennsylvania
    meh the dudes a genius mad scientist he can do anything he wants...maybe one day

My DSM:
    1998 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

Street Build

14b   automatic

Street Build

16g   manual
    1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST

Street Build

14b   manual
    ChessmoDSM and jinscho like this.
  16. EVLGSX

EVLGSX Proven Member

Joined Dec 7, 2017
    Wallingford, Connecticut
    I use v3-I just have my various sensors with the same 3 pin plug and made different length leads.I share inputs and swap things around if there is something I have reason to log on a certain day. I have the main things I always log and a few things that share inputs.

My DSM:
    1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX

Street Build

16g   manual
  17. 95REGF150

95REGF150 Proven Member

Joined Mar 7, 2012
    Elk Grove, California
    I agree he can do anything he decides too. I wasn't saying it wasn't possible. I was just saying profit vs. time expense wise I doubt he will do anything with the H8 rather than just move to an available chipset for the current product. Which looks like exactly what they may be proceeding with.

Face it they are a business like anything else and its about making money. If it weren't for the availability problems with the chips they wouldn't even be looking at writing V4 let alone mess with the H8 stuff. We are a fairly small and specialized application to service quanity wise. There has to be enough sales for them to justify any more time they put in to R&D. And thankfully it looks like there have been enough responses over the possible loss of V3 that they are considering V4:

My DSM:

Street Build

manual
  18. dudeX

dudeX Proven Member

Joined Jun 14, 2011
    Surprise, Arizona
    I would be willing to donate funds to help, someone get the fund site going and see if dsmtuners can throw it out to the community. Something needs to be done, ecmlink is too good to lose.

tametalon92 likes this.
  19. tametalon92

Joined Jan 5, 2012
    Rathdrum, Idaho
    Seriously tho, I'll out some money towards a fund for them, especially if v4 is happening and they have some info in the coming months.

My DSM:
    1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

Street Build

manual
    1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

Street Build

14b   manual
  20. BlackAWDDSM

BlackAWDDSM Probationary Member

Joined Aug 31, 2008
    MESA, Arizona
    I've been out of the DSM world for almost a decade. I still have my DSM and have been working on it along with my Buick Grand National, and GMC Syclone and Typhoon trucks(which is my actual business). Anyways, I just found out about Link, so what are our options besides AEM. I'm looking for something plug/play if possible. Or something I wont have to hack up wiring to install.

I do a lot of Holley, F.A.S.T, and Turbo Tweak installs and I'm a dealer for Scanmaster 2 & 3(Bailey Engineering). I've forgot alot of the DSM tricks, and old websites to look up stuff on. So if anyone can aid some insight I'd appreciate it. I still have the old school PDA and obd connector from 14yrs ago when I first got my Talon. Now I want to finish the car and get it streetable again.

TIA

21. iugrad92turbo

iugrad92turbo Proven Member

Joined May 22, 2007
    Kalamazoo, Michigan
    For me link is the first and last tuning device I'll use lots of support easy to learn.

Archer Fabrications likes this.
  22. Archer Fabrications

Archer Fabrications Supporting Vendor

Joined May 9, 2011
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    I second this, so much so I’ll be using my v3 in my next evo

Last edited: Nov 10, 2018 at 8:22 PM
    My DSM:
    1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX

Drag Race Build

11.128 @ 132.5 MPH
  23. tealgsx

tealgsx Probationary Member

Joined Jan 28, 2009
    Lincoln, Maine
    So link won't be available for awhile?

My DSM:
  24. 95REGF150

95REGF150 Proven Member

Joined Mar 7, 2012
    Elk Grove, California
    What generation Evo?

1-3 its a drop in. 4-6 used a flashable H8 with completely different ROM than the DSM so I believe some of the pins are different.

If it's a 7-up then you would have to make a patch harness. Also the Tephramods roms for the evo flashable ecu's if very well developed and a match DSMlink in my opinion. The only benefit I see in putting Link in those generation Evo's is that its the tuning platform you are familiar with and you wouldn't have to learn the different caveats of the flashable ecu's.

My DSM:

Street Build

manual
    CrackedDSM likes this.
  25. streetraceboi

streetraceboi Proven Member

Joined Sep 4, 2002
    San Antonio, Texas
    January 2019 or so