The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

1G Dynatec ARC-2 IGNITION for 91-94 cars,, INSTALL and RESULTS

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I switched to a 300M and Dynatek Arc-2 as well and I'm having a no start issue. Cranks and produces one heck of a backfire. I know with the 1G cas you have to use invert cas on link as well as switch plug wires. I tried swaping wires at the power transistor still nothing. Should I swap pins at the ecu and keep the power transistor or is it supposed to be removed when using the cdi box?

The stock ignition transistor stays. Make sure that you have the switches on the cdi box set properly.

I switched to a 300M and Dynatek Arc-2 as well and I'm having a no start issue. Cranks and produces one heck of a backfire. I know with the 1G cas you have to use invert cas on link as well as switch plug wires. I tried swaping wires at the power transistor still nothing. Should I swap pins at the ecu and keep the power transistor or is it supposed to be removed when using the cdi box?

IF you used the plug in harness, then you just set the switches on the ARC-2 to where they need to be. Plug the harness in at the coil, and connect power/ground to the box. You should not need to remove/adjust anything else on the car to get it up and running.

If you adjust the settings with the key on, turn the key off, then back on again for them to be read.

IF you did not use the plug in harness, then there are lots of things that could be wrong in the wiring.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back