The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

DSM meet in WNY

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GSXV8Killa

10+ Year Contributor
Feb 12, 2012
Warsaw, New_York
I would like to know who would like to do a meet in the very near future? End of June or sometime in July. I would like to plan a get together to meet and get to know my fellow DSMer's in the area or even outside the area who may also like to join. I am thinking about doing a cookout style event and I may even have a photographer lined up to take some mini shoots with single cars or even groups of them. Most likely will take place in a scenic area with excellent nature backdrops for the photos. I would just like to get some opinions and get a head count to see if its even worth doing. I am curious to see how many DSM's are actually in the area. Any feedback will be appreciated. Hope to hear from you all soon!

Doesnt seem to be that many active people on that one though

Well until I get enough people interested in making this happen no date will be set. The location is Letchworth State Park. I wont be able to make official plans and set a date until we get enough people committing to go. Doesnt seem to be that many people interested or even on this tri-state forum for that matter

Good luck man, I know a lot of the northtowns area people who still troll the boards but are inactive in the scene. A couple years ago yeah but these days not to many left.

Why not have it in buffalo or tonawanda cause the people that seem the most interested are by there. I'm from Erie and if I get my maintenance done I'd be willing to drive up for a meet. Might b able to bring a few dsmers with me

I'm from Rochester originally, but there are quite a few of us in Rome that are always willing to travel to meets. Plus, I could bring the current stock 7-bolt record holding car! ;)

I feel like there should be a niagara falls meet.
I'll make sure they're turned on for ya :) Seriously though, wait until spring. Most DSMs hibernate in these parts at this time of year.

Lol i know 3 DSM owners who are on the thread or paying attention. Most of us are working on our cars currently LOL . I have to help bleed a clutch transplant a wiring harness all this week . While finding time and money to rebuild my motor while searching for a worthy shell. We are down to meet up but lets wait for a wee bit warmer weather. Anyone come across a gs-t or a gsx or talon tsi shell please pm me . I dont mind transplanting and swapping a motor

My buddy and I are planning a meet in erie I June 7 if anyone's interested. Give people plenty of time to get theirs cars up and running and the weather should be great by then. Oh yeah and I almost forgot the next day we have a autox event at Lake Erie Speedway so for those of you that have never tried it youre more then welcome to come beat on your cars with us or even ride along if you're not sure you want to.

And if some would plan something I would come for sure unless it cuts into a race

Just throwing this out there. It seems the Erie meet is an established meet that is reasonably well attended. There may simply not be the numbers to float TWO area meets (one in Erie and one in WNY). It might make the most sense to make Erie the meeting place. Maybe have more than one Erie meet per year. But speaking from experience, if you wait until a group of a dozen people can all agree on a date, time, place, etc, it's never going to happen. At some point, somebody's got to make a decision and announce a date, time and place or else it'll never happen.

If you want my input, it would be to hold another "Erie" meet (same everything as the previous Erie meet, except with a date in the future). The point is, a date and location are established and everyone works around that. Constantly changing the date/location is virtually a guarantee of a dead duck. Just sayin'.

As soon as we set the date in Erie its set and doesn't change. The only time the date was ever changed at the Erie event was the second year we had it because I had a lot of medical problems to deal with and planning a meet was my last worry in the world, especially because nobody (in erie) would have taken over for planning it. Personally I would drive to the Buffalo area just to meet some guys and bs if people would actually show. I showed up for one Dayo had and it was just him and I. Not too many people from Buffalo come to erie for this meet. We've had two people make the drive from there in 4 years and this year it wasn't as big as before. Mostly Erie DSMers came and one from about 20 minutes away. Maybe we could plan a meet in Dunkirk if anyone was interested. I could possibly get a few people to go to that because they all get their E85 from there. I wouldn't even mind if it was a Mitsubishi meet. Any Mitsubishi as long as people show up.

Id come to Erie for for Krispy Kreme Donuts and Fireworks Lol I am almost done with my swap my shell went for paint today. So hopefully itll be done in a week and then I can get my swap going on . I know 2 DSMer's that have their cars running in the area. I know there are a few more on FB local to me. Ill look into it. August 30th? Far enough in advance and still a summer time meet

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back