The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Did I crankwalk?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2slowTalon

Probationary Member
Sep 11, 2014
Lakewood, Washington
So I had gotten back from az due to a horrible family loss , long story. Anyways I have made it home and wanted to drive my car, so I warmed her up and let her idle a little longer then usual. Now I haven't drove her for 2 weeks. So I drive to the gas station to fill up and noticed what sounded like metal floating around under my valve cover. When I drive her I never go above 4k rpm so I drive back home and pull the cover off. No metal shavings and the lifters and rocker arms are solid. She also has no power , like I'm always brake boosting but not letting go of the brake. Did I bend a valve or crank walk LOL? Want to hear opinions before I tear her apart

Do a compression test first, that will show if you do or do not have valve damage.
Pressure test the intake as well. It won't take long, but might point you to a vacuum line leak or something simple like that.
Also take off the oil filter and cut it open to see if there is any metal in it. If you can't get your hands on an oil filter cutter get a plain can opener, they work nice. Obviously don't use a hack saw or a cutting wheel.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back