The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Rix Racing

devilsown installation problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The first time I connected it, it just began spraying as soon as it seen power.(I have nozzle out ATM) so I separated the power wire, tried again and got the flashing yellow. If I disconnect battery and try again, same thing happens: sprays as soon as power is connected then flashing yellow after reconnect...

Set you controller to higher boost. It is probably zero out right now

Okay so it only does the spray when I have the wire connected to the map. When I unplug it the controller is on with only the power light lit up which is how it should be.

The green wire is supposed to go to the 0-5v wire on the map, which is the pink wire on the ecmlink sd cable. I don't know why it's not working.

Tested voltage at the map sensor and I'm getting 4.7v... Well there's my problem. But why? ...time to read some more.

is it the dvs-30 kit? there is no maf input on that, only a vacuum/boost tube inlet. ( I have the dvs-30 kit)

Mine worked fine when I hooked it up. 12v+, 12v+ (ignition), ground in/out... etc.

I guess you have the maf version. You said the MAF reads 4.9v, thats the max input for the controller, of course it will trigger the pump at any setting.

IDK if the SD wire is compatible. I would email Todd Dorris @ ecmlink to see if there is a compatible way to hook this up... Tell him you need a wire that shows around 1 volt at idle, and so on...

You could hook up a 1.5v battery across the green and ground to see if it will trigger the pump (it could for low settings, and probably not for high settings).

No it's not the dvs30. That's the one with the built in map sensor.

Regardless of where I tie in for my meth, this now has me concerned as to why my map is reading almost 5v with the car off..

What version is your controller? There are several different versions, and the wiring will be different.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back