The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

DayZ

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

If I had a pc capable of running arma and dayz I would be all over this game. Ever since the first 3 resident evils there hasn't been a single good zombie game, maybe resident evil 4 but it's too shoot me up, and dead island got really repetitive.

But good luck getting refunds, If you bought it directly from the maker (not steam, didn't use PayPal) then you could do a chargeback if they are blowing you off.

^ Thanks!

[ame=http://youtu.be/yKWusXCknwU]DayZ Guide: Meeting Players & Avoiding Betrayal - YouTube[/ame] This is unreal. So insane when the guy tells him not to move, not to touch the assault rifle else he'd put a bullet in his head.

I can tell already, I'm going to get betrayed. A lot.
Can't wait!

EDIT: Whoa!!! I embedded something!

Yeah man. The best person at this is Frankie. His videos are great and how he goes about things is just priceless. We operate in tandem. My friend Rom will go into a town (as long as there are no Zombies as Zombies signify that a near enough to spawn them) and only stick to places I can cover him. I will sit on the hill well hidden above the town, usually only picking towns with multiple hills and not picking popular places. From there, he will hunt for items while I cover him. If I see anyone besides him enters the town I wait to see if they are alone and I warn Rom. If they get near his location, I take out a leg. He will already be aware of them and have moved into a good position. From there he will explain that we are not out to kill them, to drop their weapon, and he will run up and Bandage them. Usually we'll drop a Morphine Injector nearby and tell them they can get it once we leave.

If I see multiple, I will drop them both. If there is more than 2, I simply kill them as it is far too dangerous at that point. We never park our vehicles near a town. We never drive into a town. Always walk. Always carry food and water. Always have a backup plan. We have friends we travel with on occasion but Rom and I are in love with running around at night. We also have a Kill on Sight policy if anyone ever gets near our camp. If we sneak up on someone it's the same thing. " You have two guns pointed at your head and untold others surrounding the area. Drop your weapon, lie down, and don't turn around. Once we pass through you can carry on. "

Aside from that we're friendly. We try to help people out - In fact we're both Hero's in game. I don't like killing people and I almost never loot their bodies unless there's just something outstanding that I need. Otherwise I'll load it up somewhere for them and tell them where it is.

Yeah man. The best person at this is Frankie. His videos are great and how he goes about things is just priceless. We operate in tandem. My friend Rom will go into a town (as long as there are no Zombies as Zombies signify that a near enough to spawn them) and only stick to places I can cover him. I will sit on the hill well hidden above the town, usually only picking towns with multiple hills and not picking popular places. From there, he will hunt for items while I cover him. If I see anyone besides him enters the town I wait to see if they are alone and I warn Rom. If they get near his location, I take out a leg. He will already be aware of them and have moved into a good position. From there he will explain that we are not out to kill them, to drop their weapon, and he will run up and Bandage them. Usually we'll drop a Morphine Injector nearby and tell them they can get it once we leave.

If I see multiple, I will drop them both. If there is more than 2, I simply kill them as it is far too dangerous at that point. We never park our vehicles near a town. We never drive into a town. Always walk. Always carry food and water. Always have a backup plan. We have friends we travel with on occasion but Rom and I are in love with running around at night. We also have a Kill on Sight policy if anyone ever gets near our camp. If we sneak up on someone it's the same thing. " You have two guns pointed at your head and untold others surrounding the area. Drop your weapon, lie down, and don't turn around. Once we pass through you can carry on. "

Aside from that we're friendly. We try to help people out - In fact we're both Hero's in game. I don't like killing people and I almost never loot their bodies unless there's just something outstanding that I need. Otherwise I'll load it up somewhere for them and tell them where it is.

Man that makes me want to play it even more LOL. I might not be able to wait for the standalone.

You have a 9800GTX+?!

Those things are rocks! I loved mine. I would actually love to get a pair and run those instead of my current 275 >.<

Yep, i bought it a while back when they were first released. Its had a good run LOL.

That video card could handle Arma II no problem.
Anyways, that 9800GTX+ should be plenty to play it. The illusion I was living turned out to be a cpu bottleneck. A core2duo up to 4.0GHz, fancy cooling and all, was the complete choke point, even in Mass Effect (1-3), Borderlands 2, Hitman Absolution, Arkham City, Far Cry 3 etc etc.

After replacing that cpu with a quad-core x3360 (q9550) I received huge fps jumps in all games, all resolutions, and the playability increased, too. No more stuttering or skipping about. I've only got the thing running at 3.6GHz right now and it's consuming less power than the dual core ever did, and out performing it by a mile.

That is very good news. :hellyeah:

To think I used to believe all those reviewers claiming a dual core is best/plenty, etc etc. I've been lying to myself for years apparently. But I'd still rather a 275 over a sli 9800GTX+ setup. Minimum frame rate and power consumption is pretty important ;) :tease:

Dont worry, you weren't alone on that one. I'm still running a dual core for the same reason. I almost upgraded to a quad i7, but at the time the mmo i was playing didn't "support" quads, and the dual core was hyped up like you mentioned there, so i just never did.

Last edited:
Holy effing learning curve...

So far 12min playtime, found a house with 2 zombies in it. Killed the zombies and can't enter the house. There's 4" of brick stairs entirely blocking my way. I've not found the jump key or tried to "step over it" with "v" yet.

I'm sure its great, but there are times where the simplicity of CS or TF2 is desirable. You can master those controls ( as if you hadn't already by 1998) in 10minutes flat. This will take me days. Maybe more.

Holy effing learning curve...

So far 12min playtime, found a house with 2 zombies in it. Killed the zombies and can't enter the house. There's 4" of brick stairs entirely blocking my way. I've not found the jump key or tried to "step over it" with "v" yet.

I'm sure its great, but there are times where the simplicity of CS or TF2 is desirable. You can master those controls ( as if you hadn't already by 1998) in 10minutes flat. This will take me days. Maybe more.

Haha. Want me to help ya' out?

Download Teamspeak and we'll gear up and have us some fun. :D I'll teach you all you need to know.

94.242.227.50:10025 is our Teamspeak address.

YES!
The term "n00b" actually describes me for once. I feel useless out there. Last night I wandered around for 2 hours, in black and white (lost blood). LOL

Do you guys have a fav server you use? ip?
Also, I'l play along with the team speak business - but what's wrong with the built in system? The direct communication (within 40m) seems like a really good implementation.

EDIT: I use DayZ Commander. Anyone else? Seems light and nifty. Beats going through Arma 2 to get the mod running.

I actually use DayZ commander as well. Let's me switch between the actual ArmaI game and DayZ without worrying about enabling Addons.

We use Teamspeak to use to communicate over distance - most everyone does. The In-game stuff is good for when you run up on someone in game, but you'd rather not try to tell your buddy where you are who's coming to pick you up in a Chopper over Side/Global.., ;P Then everyone on the server is coming for you.

We have our server - Low population and such for now which I can help you get acquainted with the game

We also play other servers - if you want to get into a high-density server or one with other maps.

just PM me for server details. Either way we're playing tonight and you're free to join.

This seems interesting as f@#k! Too bad I don't have a PC :(

Problem I had was that I dumped 10 hours into it and spent it being entirely lost having only seen human life, in a full server mind you, only twice.
I found the learning curve to be very high.

Have you ever played Jane's F15 flight simulator? The learning curve is that huge.

Otherwise I fully support it, even if I can't enjoy it. The idea is fantastic.

I'm actually finally getting settled in at my new place in Memphis. :) I shall be redownloading it.

Feel free to add me via Skype and we can dick around! XiKeiyaZI

...WHOA PIPE IS A WISEMAN NOW? Congrats' ole' buddy. Haha.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back