The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

DayZ

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XiKeiyaZI

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 28, 2008
Goldsboro, North_Carolina
So does anyone here happen to play DayZ?

If you are unfamiliar with what DayZ is, it is a major mod to the game Arma II. It has become so popular and expansive, in fact, that the creators of Arma II are helping the creator of the mod to create his own game modeled after the Mod. The Mod, itself, has such a following that is has attractive an active 1.5ish million players.

The Mod is hosted by individuals who run Servers. There are Official Servers which are managed by the company - so Admins (people) have limited powers and abilities to get rid of 'hackers'. Then there are Private Hive servers where the admin(s) can do as they wish.

The game is a Zombie Survival game, and it is intense. You have to worry about other players, eating, drinking, breaking limbs, bleeding, getting too cold. You find vehicle in game that you must repair and maintain. You venture around a 225km map that is seriously MASSIVE in game. Want to scavenge in cities? Find a nice place to setup and wander around the town trying to avoid other players who prey on players for gear (bandits) or team up with other Friendly players to make a group and protect yourself, your camp, and become a little safer when traveling.

Buddy get's shot and is bleeding? Bandage him, locate a hospital, and give him a blood transfusion with a blood pack. Can't find any canned food? Take to the countryside and wood to hunt, gut, and collect meat to cook at a fire that you collect the wood for. Load up your backpack and carry on.

The game is very fun, so fun that we have brought ourselves into Ownership of a server. :) So, just curious if there are any other players of the game out there or any other Admins.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I've been waiting for something like this for years LOL. Wish i had the time to try it...

Is it as good as it sounds? Like does it really feel free and open?

It is EXTREMELY free and open. The initial one came out with a 255km map that is just free roaming. There are now a dozen maps, some of them scaled so large you can run through a city the size of New York.

We just set our server to Night Cycle so we've been running around in the dark with Flashlight, Road Flares, and Glow Sticks. I absolutely love it.

I'd highly recommend spending some time playing it. Everyone is excited for the Stand alone - This is a MOD that has gained this much attention. The Stand Alone will be so much more, and this already consumed a lot of my time as it is.

Does this relate at all to WarZ?

I had a buddy call me up yesterday afternoon and rave about how he needs my help to get this game running on his laptop.

Let's just say that his laptop has a 4:3 aspect ratio. I had to break him the news.

No, WarZ came out as a copy of DayZ using War Inc as it's engine. They basically saw how successful DayZ was and said " Oh! We can do that too! "

It is only PC for the time being. There's no telling what it will be released for once the Stand Alone is finished.

No, WarZ came out as a copy of DayZ using War Inc as it's engine. They basically saw how successful DayZ was and said " Oh! We can do that too! "

It is only PC for the time being. There's no telling what it will be released for once the Stand Alone is finished.

Interesting. In our conversation he went on mentioning DayZ as well and how it's an incomplete project that they dropped support for. Now he didn't say this part: that he means to say WarZ is DayZ replacement, but he was aware of the two entities.

So what's the score? WarZ is lame, wannabe? Dayz is OG?

Interesting. In our conversation he went on mentioning DayZ as well and how it's an incomplete project that they dropped support for. Now he didn't say this part: that he means to say WarZ is DayZ replacement, but he was aware of the two entities.

So what's the score? WarZ is lame, wannabe? Dayz is OG?

That'd be correct.

DayZ is in full swing. It's admin team is supported by the company that created Arma which is used by the military to simulate combat situations and such. This Mod team has a HUGE financial backing. It was set to be released this month but they've received a ton of great ideas that Rocket (The creator of the mod and head of the project) is actually giving feedback on and delayed until the beginning of the year.

I don't really run into too many people that talk about WarZ.

Thats looks pretty sweet. I'm in for the standalone. Sometime in january you say?

I have to say, thats the first time i've ever heard of a mod becoming more popular and replacing the original LOL.

Thats looks pretty sweet. I'm in for the standalone. Sometime in january you say?

I have to say, thats the first time i've ever heard of a mod becoming more popular and replacing the original LOL.

Well it's not replacing anything. :p They just modded it, as many people do with Arma II, and it gathered such a following that Bohemia went " You know what? Here's a bunch of money and our next release game engine. Make it into it's own game! ;D "

Go watch some Frankie DayZ videos. His videos are informational and hilarious.

If anyone gets interested enough to try it, you can join our personal community. ^^ We ensure the best gameplay possible.

If you're going to wait until then, might as well wait for the stand alone. :D

You have a 9800GTX+?!

Those things are rocks! I loved mine. I would actually love to get a pair and run those instead of my current 275 >.< That video card could handle Arma II no problem.

If you're going to wait until then, might as well wait for the stand alone. :D

I'd do it right now, but I have to buy ARMA 2 first. And I have zero interest in that (nor money) so it might have to wait a bit. I'm getting paid tonight though, and I'll be drinking..

Anyways, that 9800GTX+ should be plenty to play it. The illusion I was living turned out to be a cpu bottleneck. A core2duo up to 4.0GHz, fancy cooling and all, was the complete choke point, even in Mass Effect (1-3), Borderlands 2, Hitman Absolution, Arkham City, Far Cry 3 etc etc.

After replacing that cpu with a quad-core x3360 (q9550) I received huge fps jumps in all games, all resolutions, and the playability increased, too. No more stuttering or skipping about. I've only got the thing running at 3.6GHz right now and it's consuming less power than the dual core ever did, and out performing it by a mile.

To think I used to believe all those reviewers claiming a dual core is best/plenty, etc etc. I've been lying to myself for years apparently. But I'd still rather a 275 over a sli 9800GTX+ setup. Minimum frame rate and power consumption is pretty important ;) :tease:

I'm just a fanboy of the 9800gtx+ :p

WarZ? >:| Traitor.

Hmm.
I should have known better. It;s just that my friend is all into WarZ and has a bunch of friends that play etc.

I'll do more reading. It'll be unfortunate if I wasted $15. So far it's very hard. I have a living character with a bat and a character that's dead for another 40minutes or something absurd.

EDIT: OK, how do I get my money back.:mad:
EDIT: Claim filed. But man do I feel like a doof.

Stay far far away from warz. It was pulled off of steam and now people are trying to get refunds, turns out they are just ripping people off.

Warz forum moderator came clean and admitted it was a scam
WarZ forum mod Devin was banned and decided to post this on the WarZ forums. It was a scam all along? : gaming

Timeline of events relating to warz being a scam
The WarZ controversy explanation and full timeline : gaming

More here:
gaming: search results

A friend and I were running around on Namalsk, reading this stuff while waiting in our BTR to warm up last night. It's ridiculous.

By the way - Namalsk is retarded scary at night. What with the Blood Suckers and that damn little girl in the distance " Someone help me! " .. -.- It's night time, there are demon like creatures hunting me, it's freezing - sorry little kid, you're a goner.

Hmm.
I should have known better. It;s just that my friend is all into WarZ and has a bunch of friends that play etc.

I'll do more reading. It'll be unfortunate if I wasted $15. So far it's very hard. I have a living character with a bat and a character that's dead for another 40minutes or something absurd.

EDIT: OK, how do I get my money back.:mad:
EDIT: Claim filed. But man do I feel like a doof.

x.x; I think Steam is actually helping to enforce this. They removed the game from their website and everything over this stunt. Perhaps they'll return your cash as well.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back