The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

2G Cut wires please help me:,(

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firing order is incorrect. Looking at the coil pack, it goes 4-1-2-3. It is stamped on there as well. Cylinder number one is the one closest to timing belt.
I agree with you as well but the car ran with this firing order when I first bought it. Thats odd at some point before my old ecm failed i switched it to the correct 4123 left to right of your looking at the car and it seemed to run just fine but then the ecu had issues I replaced it with a proper blackbox ecu i made sure. Perhaps the reason why the real 4123 firing order wont work as of now is because one of my coil packs is goin out? It sure does seem like it

Look ill make this short and sweet because i love my car. Im gonna buy it a new ignition coil oem from mitsubishi then once that comes ill install that the new spark plug wires and new injectors. Besides if i just ran it how it is now I could ruin something and if my dsm got ruined like that... well lets just say id be prettt f****** mad.

Look ill make this short and sweet because i love my car. Im gonna buy it a new ignition coil oem from mitsubishi then once that comes ill install that the new spark plug wires and new injectors. Besides if i just ran it how it is now I could ruin something and if my dsm got ruined like that... well lets just say id be prettt f****** mad.
I doubt you need an ignition coil. Coil packs are in pairs. 41and 23. If you switch it car will not run. If a coil is bad you'll drop two cyl and it won't run. Something else is happening. Wires changed to coil possibly. I'd suggest the car has dsmlink but you already stated your running a black box so that isnt it. You need to dig further. You might check and see if somebody switched it.
This is why I state that.
https://www.ecmtuning.com/wiki/swapplugwires

I doubt you need an ignition coil. Coil packs are in pairs. 41and 23. If you switch it car will not run. If a coil is bad you'll drop two cyl and it won't run. Something else is happening. Wires changed to coil possibly. I'd suggest the car has dsmlink but you already stated your running a black box so that isnt it. You need to dig further. You might check and see if somebody switched it.
This is why I state that.
https://www.ecmtuning.com/wiki/swapplugwires
Okay please elaborate because my car does not even turn on with tg normal 4123 only works with 3214...

And I do not have a 95-96 cam angle sensor so the issue must be spark plug wire injector or coil pack do you agree?

What cam sensor do u have? Your pic is unclear, but it looks like you have neither 1g nor 97-99 so you must have the 95-96. If u have 1g you need to swap the firing order to 2-3-4-1, essentially just sapping the two coils.

What cam sensor do u have? Your pic is unclear, but it looks like you have neither 1g nor 97-99 so you must have the 95-96. If u have 1g you need to swap the firing order to 2-3-4-1, essentially just sapping the two coils.
Ive attached a picture hopefully this will help

Attachments

• 20181014_201504.jpg
    20181014_201504.jpg
    235.3 KB · Views: 142
Do you have two connectors at the other end of your fuel rail by your upper timing belt cover?

Here is another photo the connector with those blue mini connectors is my camshaft position sensor idk why they wired it like that one of them is the crank position sensor the one below that connected to that hose im not sure but those are the only ones

Attachments

• 20181014_204157.jpg
    20181014_204157.jpg
    243.8 KB · Views: 149
This is easier to see

Attachments

• 20181014_204140.jpg
    20181014_204140.jpg
    260.8 KB · Views: 146
You DO have the 95-96 cam sensor, it is located behind the intake cam gear. You need a 95-96 ecu, the 97-99 blackbox ecu is looking for the cam sensor that is on the opposite end of the camshaft, like the 1g cam sensor. Put a 95-96 ecu in, put the plug wires back to 4-1-2-3 and report back.

Somebody did some funky wiring for sure, i would also try replacing the sensor with the modified connectors. If its not getting a good signal, that could be a big factor as well.

Dude you are AWESOME! thank you so much i appreciate the help. Can i use the blackbox ecu if i run my wires 3214? Or should I just put a 95-96 ecu in or should I install a 97-99 cam angle sensor? Again thank you for clarifying that you effin rock dude

To use the the 97-99 cas, you have to have a threaded cam. Easiest plan of action is to just run the correct ecu for the car. Get an eprom 95-96 ecu so u can have it socketed for dsmlink in the future. This way everything is correct and if something goes crazy in the future, you dont have to remember the wacky oddball things you have going on currently. Correct ecu, correct firing order, should fire right up.

Your the fu***** man dude i really appreciate all the help man.

No problem. Glad i could shed some light. Let us know how it goes.

Im gonna keep this thread posted on what happens I posted that blackbox ecu for sale so once I get this 96 ecu I will be reporting back.

Ive attached a picture hopefully this will help
That isn't a cam sensor. Its unclear but it looks like the throttle body bracket installed incorrectly and the typical 95 96 cam plug. So you must have a 95 96 cam sensor located behind the intake cam

How can you tell what a 95-96 plug is?
You can tell its a plug because there is no wires coming out of it.

Interesting. I have a 1997 tsi with a cam sensor on the passenger side of the intake cam(valve cover). Im running dsm link on a 95 ecu and have checked the use non 95 96 cam sensor.

If your car is a 98 then it should have the aensor on the passenger side? Im confused LOL.

Great now im confused as well i just want to make sure before I go out and get a 1996 ecu

Great now im confused as well i just want to make sure before I go out and get a 1996 ecu
You do not have a 97 to 99 cam sensor. That is for sure. The plug I mentioned is not electrical. It's the seal where a cam sensor typically goes. In 95 96 the cam sensor is on the gear side. So...at some point in this cars life somebody switched to a 95 96 cam sensor or more likely put an entire 95 96 head on it which does not have provision for a 97 up cam sensor so they had to convert.

Im gonna keep this thread posted on what happens I posted that blackbox ecu for sale so once I get this 96 ecu I will be reporting back.
You can keep your current ecu. People convert 2gb to 2ga computers all the time but usually because of dsmlink and there is a workaround for the cam sensor. Same goes for the opposite way. Read the link I posted. Sounds like somebody already did the work you just need to verify and follow procedures for whatever ecu and cam sensor you currently have. If you had a 2ga ecu and then put a black box in it that is why your firing order changed.

No you CAN run a blackbox ecu but that also means swapping your injector plugs 4-2 and 1-3 and that would mean cutting mine and extending them and I have no interest in doing that. Also i just installed some 150$ refurbished injectors I got off ebay now my car wont start anymore WTF?! it started once for a few seconds and then stalled out wat is happening:(

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back