The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Rix Racing

2G Cut wires please help me:,(

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lol all he said was a boost leak test like okay it could be anything I can see a major boost leak shutting a car off but that would be visible anyways. Oh and if im wrong about that then how come my car run.
"Would be visible". Assumption is the mother of all f*** ups.
This Obviously wasn't your problem. My point was you dismiss the advise so easily based on assumption. Bad plan.

M
"Would be visible". Assumption is the mother of all f*** ups.
This Obviously wasn't your problem. My point was you dismiss the advise so easily based on assumption. Bad plan.
Man I guarantee you if its not visible its not gonna kill the car right away you cant just throw boost leak test out there ane expect that to solve everything I know what a boost leak problem is and the boost gauge itself would be indicating that BUT ITS NOT LOL. Also vegas smith since ur a genius u never even answered my question when i said how would you boost leak a car that wont start. Now im sure it can work but you not knowing that is pretty funny. Also its A CAR LOL! It running good could come down to anything.

M

Man I guarantee you if its not visible its not gonna kill the car right away you cant just throw boost leak test out there ane expect that to solve everything I know what a boost leak problem is and the boost gauge itself would be indicating that BUT ITS NOT LOL. Also vegas smith since ur a genius u never even answered my question when i said how would you boost leak a car that wont start. Now im sure it can work but you not knowing that is pretty funny. Also its A CAR LOL! It running good could come down to anything.
That is not correct. I have seen hoses split. Hoses look like they are attached but arent etc. Doesnt matter. It wasn't your problem. And how to boost leak check a car that isnt running? That's how you're supposed to check it. With engine off.
The whole point was you dismissed it as "could not be" without even looking. The archives are FULL of that statement. In this case no but that was not my point. We're all part of a community and volunteer our time.

I know what a boost leak problem is and the boost gauge itself would be indicating that BUT ITS NOT LOL. Also vegas smith since ur a genius u never even answered my question when i said how would you boost leak a car that wont start.
You have no idea what you're talking about and everyone in this thread knows that except for you. I'd be more humble in the future.

You STILL managed to not explain how a boost leak test without a car running would work avoiding my point again. Also, if I said i checked the vacuum connections that means i made sure everything was in tact and again you lied if you read my previous post I CLERLY TOLD YOU I looked just not an official boost leak test so now your switching my words again. Im not gonna sit here and argue with you all day but your not always right I feel like im arguing with my girlfriend I gotta repeat things I said before after you switched it up.

You have no idea what you're talking about and everyone in this thread knows that except for you. I'd be more humble in the future.
You failed to answer my question about how a boost leak test without a running car would work at this point your defending your ego because you wanna be right in whatever way possible in terms of an argument again this is like arguing with my girlfriend. Im not gonna be humble about it because the boost leak WAS NEVER THE PROBLEM. And dont get me wrong im sure there are plenty of small leaks like from the injector o rings and little crap but again that will not stop it from running and if it did why does mine run?

By the way if you obviously see that a hose is split then that would be an example of a VISIBLE problem because you see it LOL

He said he has experienced split hoses but a visual checked out okay. In other words all the hoses looked fine visually but when a boost leak test was done the hose started pissing air because it was split.

Point is we are all a community who volunteer our time in helping our enthusiasts. I would take it down a notch as we all give suggestions to try and not the exact solution. That would be impossible. Glad u got your car running but a boost leak test will make it run better. Trust me. Your throwing horsepower out the window by making assumptions.

Dude first of all I never said a boost leak test WOULDNT make it run better did I???? Exactly thats just you putting words out there you dont even know how to read dont just jump in and find a point to defend.

And also if you visually check something and you cant tell a hose is split because your not actually checking it out you shouldnt even work on a car again because you have no idea how to diagnose its not just about looking you gotta actually check the line

Now maybe its just for my car dont take everything I say cut and clear maybe on another dsm thats been neglected could a small boost leak even from bad o rings stop a car from starting? Im sure it could again I dont know im just saying ive never had a problem with a car starting boost leak wise unless it was an intercooler pipe that blew off while boosting or something of that nature.

I'll do you a favor by replying one more time. When I tell you to do a boost leak test (which is the first thing an owner should do in a no-start etc) and you tell me there's no point because the car doesn't run it's like a player telling the coach he can't score a touchdown because he didn't bring his bat. Fixing and diagnosing a car is a process. Very rarely does someone on the internet say "Do this specific thing" and bam that was the problem. Doing a BLT is the first step, almost always, of diagnosing a DSM issue; especially for an inexperienced owner like yourself (now is the part where you try and tell me how much you know abut DSMs and how long/many you've owned-spare me).

Man you really must love hearing yourself talk that or you just never read my previous post. Never once did i state theres no point in doing a boost leak test I just said how will you boost leak test a car that wont turn on. Now youve once again skewed my words and have cut me out to look like im defending my ego which is what your doing. Also im not gonna come off as a know it all like you guys are I know theres many things to cars period i have yet to understand as I again stated in my previous posts. That doesnt go to say I dont know what im doing because im a mechanic myself im just saying Im not gonna post on an internet board about how I know so much about dsms even if I did.

It seems to run alright def not what I would say is running good in my opinion. I have the wires 4123 going right to left I hear the proper way is 4123 left to right but my car wont fire that way. I feel the ignition coil needs to be replaced it kinda sounds like its on 3 cylinders at points possibly a fuel injector. I ordered new spark plug wires new fuel injectors with new o rings so once I install those maybe itll run a little better. But I can also say its a 20 year old car and ill be replacing stuff in the engine even if it doesnt need it like maf sensor tps iacv because then I can show how it CAN be a reliable car but without some work its not giving it a fair chance. People always say dsms arent reliable thats not true any old car will have issues it just depends on if you fix it up or not.

You also have to factor in my dsm has almost 200k on the clock so for a car that someone was probably hitting 6-7k rpm with on a regular basis thats an amazing number.

Yup. Agree 100 percent. Ppl dont understand this cars are over 20 yrs old. What type of plugs are u running? I would put some fresh ngk bpr6es in there gapped at .028

As far as the spark plug switch. Are u using a different cam angle sensor?

Order should be as looking at the engine bay

At coilpack

Oh yeah im running those exact ngk spark plugs I got them from map performance 15$. There brand new and run really well and yes my gap is 0.28. As far as cam angle sensor I have nooo idea I do not know about dsms like that ill take a photo of my engine bay to show you soon. But yeah absolutely everyone when I first got my car said oh its junk its not reliable but what do they know? And just to prove just how powerful mitsubishi can become I ordered a new power transistor unit oem mitsubishi piece and thats when it pretty much came back to life but it didnt really come back to life until i fixed the battery connection. Yeah dsms are extremely powerful people are uninformed you cant just boost the hell out of an engine on an already old vehicle and say its a bad car thats why dsms get bad reps because all people do is abuse them and i think its dumb.

Lol all he said was a boost leak test like okay it could be anything I can see a major boost leak shutting a car off but that would be visible anyways. Oh and if im wrong about that then how come my car run.

I went through this before when I first start working in my dsm and believe it or not, it is the way to do it right.

If you skip obvious things to check you end up, or finding the problem the hard way or fixing it but once you fix it, it comes another problem after that.

You fix the stalling issue but now you have another problem.

Boost leak is your first step to do.

To have a good and reliable car, you need not only to see or check, but to test the system and parts, Hope you do a boost leak so you see how many leaks you will find,

These are photos of my firing order does it seem to be correct? I know the bov is wrong because its not the recirculation type that its supposed to come with. Im missing a battery tray.

Attachments

• 20181014_153630.jpg
    20181014_153630.jpg
    252 KB · Views: 112
  • 20181014_153642.jpg
    20181014_153642.jpg
    294.9 KB · Views: 104
  • 20181014_153656.jpg
    20181014_153656.jpg
    262 KB · Views: 100
  • 20181014_153705.jpg
    20181014_153705.jpg
    253.5 KB · Views: 101
The blue (ground ) wire attached to the fire wall where does it goes?
There should be a wire from that bolt to the batter(-) terminal.

Are you sure about that? Those are actually the 5 engine grounds and I have them routed to my nrg grounding plate. I used to have them touching my negative terminal too, but I put it back to how it was the way I got it. It didn't hurt nothing connected to my terminal though.

Firing order is incorrect. Looking at the coil pack, it goes 4-1-2-3. It is stamped on there as well. Cylinder number one is the one closest to timing belt.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back