The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Cleanest DSM in PACIFIC NORTHWEST! Post your pictures!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Attachments

• 2mxpbmg.jpg
    2mxpbmg.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 69
my 1990 TSI that needs washed

Getting ready to get her back up and running 100%

Fwd and newly acquired Gsx:hellyeah:

Attachments

• 20131124_164503 (700x394).jpg
    20131124_164503 (700x394).jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 171
  • 20130614_112238 (700x525).jpg
    20130614_112238 (700x525).jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 165

My 2gB Gsx I just moved out here from Washington.

Came across this thread and thought i'd share. The guy who started this thread back in 2009, is the guy I bought my 1G from! Zak is a cool guy and I was lucky enough to be able to buy such a clean car. I've since done a few things to it. So with out further adieu, here she is =]

Came across this thread and thought i'd share. The guy who started this thread back in 2009, is the guy I bought my 1G from! Zak is a cool guy and I was lucky enough to be able to buy such a clean car. I've since done a few things to it. So with out further adieu, here she is =]

I seen that he had it for sale a little big ago very very clean 1GB! :hellyeah: Glad to see it get to a good home, the 1gs are becoming extinct now days.

My car isn't so clean any more,...

My car isn't so clean any more,...

oh noooooo! what happened?! it's sad to see a talon like mine be hurt in that way. :(

(is it too early to ask what you're gonna do with that stereo? ;) LOL...and maybe if the passenger side fender survived?)

I was heading in to work, car in front of me stopped short. I hit my brakes, and was able to stop a foot or so off of the care in front of me. Car behind me plowed in to me and pushed me in to the car in front.

Car still runs and drives fine, but:

"Attached is a copy of our initial estimate on your vehicle, which has been submitted to Esurance as a probable total loss.

Even if we find used parts where available, with the air bags and the rear structural damage, it will still be considered a total loss, unfortunately, as far as I can see."

Preliminary estimate is $12,000 to repair. She's going to add the aftermarket parts I listed to increase the value estimate a bit, but I don't expect they're going to shell out $12,000 to repair a car that's going to be valued at $8-10K at most.

Here's a better picture of the rear end damage:

So, I want another one! If anyone can help get the word out, or knows of a car anywhere, I want to talk. My preferences:
1. 2GB Talon TSi AWD manual, purple/grey leather. Basically I really liked the color combo and everything, so I basically want cosmetically the same car.
2. 2GA Talon TSi AWD manual, purple/grey leather. I will then source 2GB parts to convert it.
3. 2GB Talon TSi AWD manual, other colors.
4. 2GB Eclipse GSX manual.

If anyone has any suggestions on where I can post, let me know. Or send people my way. My e-mail address is mikeytsi at gmail dot com.

Thanks everyone.

Oh, I'm willing to discuss a rolling chassis (I'd then swap the drivetrain and such over), it would pretty much HAVE to be a 2GB Talon, purple, and would need to be in pretty excellent condition.

oh noooooo! what happened?! it's sad to see a talon like mine be hurt in that way. :(

(is it too early to ask what you're gonna do with that stereo? ;) LOL...and maybe if the passenger side fender survived?)

I'm keeping the stereo, I'll swap it in to whatever car I get next.

Passenger side fender seems to be in fine condition, I don't know if I'll be parting the car or not though, I may just pull my aftermarket parts off and let the insurance company pick it up. It'll depend on what the final payment ends up being, how much the buyback would be, and if I then decide to swap or part-out.

Last edited:
I'm keeping the stereo, I'll swap it in to whatever car I get next.

Passenger side fender seems to be in fine condition, I don't know if I'll be parting the car or not though, I may just pull my aftermarket parts off and let the insurance company pick it up. It'll depend on what the final payment ends up being, how much the buyback would be, and if I then decide to swap or part-out.

well gosh darnit...i have the this tacky blue fender on my talon and would have loved to have found a replacement for it. same with the passenger fender cap for the side skirt(that's missing also). if you decided to keep it and part it out at all, i would love to get that fender from you! :)

but that is a bummer to hear about your car still...i'll keep an eye out! the only purple on i know of for sale right now is a automatic. :(

Dang Mikey.. I remember seeing a picture of your car years ago before knowing what a 2gb talon looked like. Ever sense, i've loved it. Good luck with the estimation and outcome of the car :(

if it is a loss and you do end up buying the car back to part out, send me a message. :thumb:

I just got her and shes going in for a rebuild next week, but wanted to get some pics in before she changes too much. Some of when i first got her until now. Way more to come! Only 80k miles!

Attachments

• photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 150
  • photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    41.8 KB · Views: 333
  • photo 5.jpg
    photo 5.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 146
  • photo 4.jpg
    photo 4.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 140
  • photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 201
  • photo (2).jpg
    photo (2).jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 159
  • photo (3).jpg
    photo (3).jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 172
  • photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 142
  • photo (1).JPG
    photo (1).JPG
    61.1 KB · Views: 233
YEP:

1995 TSi AWD, has rod knock (probably a spun bearing).

I'm going to pull out the 6-bolt and install the motor from my 97, and most likely return everything to more or less stock. Once I've sussed out the 6-bolt and rebuilt/repaired it, it'll likely go back in and I'll start adding the go-fast parts back. The wing will be coming off and be replaced with my 2GB rear wing, and I'm sourcing 2GB bumpers for the front and rear.

To those of you asking, yes I will be doing the buyback on the 97, and I will be stripping it for parts. Those that I won't be using to refurb this one I'll be looking to sell.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back