The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Cars you wish you hadn't gotten rid of!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charles greene

Proven Member
Dec 29, 2014
Morristown, Tennessee
Hello all,

A couple of my friends and I were having a discussion about our previous cars we had that we wish we wouldn't have sold or traded. In this community I'm sure there are some interesting stories and cars involved, so post below with pictures and let's mourn our losses together:p

Can be DSM or NON-DSM related:thumb:

I'll start by saying one of my most missed cars has to be my 1996 Eagle Talon TSi AWD. I bought it off a member here in mid 2014 and had to sell it due to life complications:notgood: this is the car that sparked my love for this platform and has continued to intrigue me over the years! Here's a few pictures below. It was a basic bolt on car, B16g, 3" turbo back, dejon intake, MBC, FMIC and hard piping, slight vacuum reduction, Etc.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

My sons ask me all the time, where did these cars go and why did you sell them. I have to tell them well, I needed to go to college or well, you boys came along.....then think about the times I had in these rides, always fun!!

1971 Camaro SS, 350, tunnel ram with 2 Holley 600's, Muncie 4 speed and 4:11's
1973 Chevy V-8 Vega conversion, 375hp 327 SBC, 4 speed Muncie, 12 Bolt 4:56's and a bottle of laughing gas. Both ran High 12's N/A., no bottle.
I owned both of those cars at the same time, back in the early '80's. Back in those days, I had NEVER seen a car that claimed it was a PRO STREET car, but I badged the little Vega that way, then years later the term Pro Street became popular.

BUT.....I didn't let this one get away.....

Numbers Matching 1967 Camaro Rally Sport, Bone Stock, 327 2bbl, Powerglide and 3:08 open rear.
Car is all original except the Cragars and the '69 Cowl Hood, but I still have the stock flat hood and the wire wheel hubcaps for her. I have the original keys, original spare in the trunk and the protecto-plate for this hard to find classic!! I LOVE my DSM, but it would take ALOT to get this girl away from me! :p

Wow those are some awesome classics! I own a 79 Camaro Type-LT myself. It's kind of the family heirloom and it was passed down to me from my dad! If I can find a picture I'll post it up:thumb:

My younger brother (RIP brother!!), had a '79 that was the same two color as my Talon is today which is probably why I like my color combo. I miss lil bro. He had cancer and died way too young at 48, four years ago. I always built his cars for him then handed them over and told him "It's done, have fun"!
Thanks for the compliment. I have built cars since 1978 and have owned SOOO many cars over the years, but these are the "special" to me ones. They were always unique, and so the local law always knew when I or my car's at least were in town. :cool:

Funny, the pictures are the hardest thing to find for me and I've owned dozens of cars. I hope you can find one to post.

Last edited:
Six years ago I bought a 1984 Nissan 200sx, the equivalent to the Nissan S12 Silvia. It wasn't the turbo model, or the V6 model, but for the limited time I even drove it, it was a fun little car that I really liked. Sadly I sold it because I got a new DSM project and needed room the Nissan was taking up. Wish I never sold it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back