The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

2G Carpet

Worth the extra $53?

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I literally just bought from those guys. I chose to go without mass backing, and I don't regret my decision. The carpet is just as thick as OEM and has some nice thick padding on it as is.

I'd save the $53 and spend it on a leather restoration kit (if you have leather).

IMO carpet's a complete waste of $150, especially on a GS. Maybe on a 4g, but you're going to wish you didn't spend it when you start dumping money on real repairs. Dying the stock carpet has been done many times with great success, or even a thorough cleaning usually removes most of the grime. Or stick a 3g eclipse carpet in there with slight modification, as I did on my old GS awhile back
http://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/7-new-carpet.476843/

I took carpet out, pressure washed it, scrubbed it with carpet cleaner and then let it dry in the sun. Came out almost new looking. Another car I just dyed it and it also worked great. So if yours isn't that bad here's a couple options.

Instead of spending $50 on that backing go to your local home improvement store and get 3 rolls of stick-back flashing. All that is is thick aluminum foil with really sticky gummy glue on one side. Now since the carpet would be out for cleaning/replacement anyways go ahead and stick that aluminum all over where carpet goes, same way as if you were applying more expensive 'professional grade' sound insulation. Three rolls ought to be enough for two layers. Now your car would be much more quiet and comfortable to ride in, although just a bit heavier. Don't forget to put the carpet back.

LoL Well to give you guys an update, I ended up going with Auto Custom Carpets, Inc (https://www.accmats.com/) - Here's some before and afters (and yes, I did go with the extra charge for the mass backing)

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

LoL Well to give you guys an update, I ended up going with Auto Custom Carpets, Inc (https://www.accmats.com/) - Here's some before and afters (and yes, I did go with the extra charge for the mass backing)

Wow carpet looks great! How do you like it? And is it holding up well? I will probably buy some those this week.

Wow carpet looks great! How do you like it? And is it holding up well? I will probably buy some those this week.

Thank you. Definitely satisfied with the purchase. It has held up perfectly. No tears, easy to clean and just overall still looks brand new. Well worth it. Did you end up purchasing them last month?

I have the same carpet you purchased. I can tell you that you did an excellent job installing it. Harder than it looks. Well done!

Thank you but I have to give all the credit to Audio Illusions in New Rochelle, NY. They took the time to handle this while they were doing some audio upgrades for me and did a phenomenal job. To this day, still in tact, no loose corners or snags on any part of the carpet at all.

Looks way better! At first I was also going to suggest the carpet dye or a good cleaning since I have had great luck with both these methods at work but after seeing the second before and after picture I think you made the right call. Did you install it yourself? If so how much of a pain was it?

Was it easy to cut

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back