The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

2G Carbonetics AB Hood (Pictures)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I'm overly patient, but a lot of that is because my red car is at a shop right now anyways, so even if my parts showed up I couldn't use most of them.

If my car was actually here, and it was effecting my race season. I wouldn't be as patient.

As for tracking info etc yes. I have all of that. Here's the website of the company used as well so it's not like they are fake shipping company.
http://m.my.yrc.com

Ya obviously YRC which is one of the biggest LTL freight companies in the country is a real shipper. I was just making sure you actually had activity on the Pro Number because when you ship something with them you can get the number without actually sending it. Same as getting a tracking number with UPS without actually dropping off the package.

But sounds like it really is just a series of unlucky events. Hope you get your parts soon!

You must be logged in to view this image or video.
Just wanted to post a quick update. I got a call from YRC out of the blue saying my parts finally arrived and wanted to deliver.

So today my parts showed up finally. I commend Sergio on there packing skills.

For starters when they were pullin my pallet off the truck. As bad as it is, I couldn't help but think of fast n furious scene. (Over night from japan) the pallet was huge and had boxes apon boxes.

Anyrate I my wife and I spent 2hrs unwrapping everything with the YRC driver watching. He surprisingly was ok with it given the circumstances.

Besides the boxes being very dirty everything checked out, but my side skirts. They were standing upright on the pallet (tallest point) and the top foot of the box was bent down a bit. Sure enough they were cracked at the same point as the box. They must have rammed it into a door frame or something when moving it.

So called Sergio he's sending out new side skirts via UPS this time.

The driver did mention that normally they ask customers to put name and address on thr boxes to help during transfers. But all they had on thr boxes was my name. And it wasn't even close to being spelled correctly, and he thought that might be why it took so long once they got lost
Brian barton - correct
BRAYAN BARTON - NOT SO MUCH.. LOL

I didn't take pictures of the doors and interior door panels, as it looked like rain and I had to get ready for work. But they looked great, I'll add them tomorrow.

Also Sergio did the center console exactly like I wanted with the radio are just flat, for mounting more race car stuff.

And the new V2 hood looks great so far.

I don't have my red car back yet from the shop (this sunday is the new tenative pick up date) so I can't really do anything with them yet.

I plan to start looking into shops that can fix the body work from my new white shell. And I'll be having them install the parts that are going on that car when that time comes.

Last edited:
Freaking awesome man good to hear that a good man was treated right finally... I apologize if I was skeptical, but I have heard many a BS Story in my day.. Let us know how everything fits!!

Order...been a while.

But my first order was the original hood back in April 2017. - showed up Aug 2017 if I'm not mistaken. Discussion for replacement hood started right away. Date for V2 was originally Dec 2017. But was pushed back till jan/Feb if I remember correctly.

New parts - basically discussion started Jan 2018, went all the way to May 18th with my final order. (I kept adding parts which pushed completion dates back)

Shipping started its way here - June 8th arrived july 24th.

Last edited:
Hmm, yeah my experience so far with the hood hasn't been the best. I'll post up a review later on once its in. 7 months so far since I placed the order for an AB Hood V1. Its supposed to be on its way. I heard from another guy his took 8 months.

here's a shot of the interior door panels.

Didn't dig out the doors yet. As they are behind everything in my garage.

But started prep work for paint on some of my parts already today.

Last edited:
I'm very interested to see how the hood fitment is after the revisions. Please update this thread once you've installed it.

So this shows up on Friday, pending it doesn't get lost...... I can give you all an update on how it fits as well as I will be putting it straight on the race car.

Odd that @rival's hood looks like it's got a lot more of a bubble in the middle than @slowwhite's. This is just from comparing side edges to the surface below it and seeing that the gap in post #160 looks a lot larger than the gap in post #151. Really interested to hear how they both fit! I've got my fingers crossed for good lines and clearance to the timing belt cover.

Last edited:
My red car is still at the shop issues keep coming up. But again hopefully this weekend is another chance at pick up.

I did place the hood on my white car as I was gutting the interior so figured why not just for fun.

Few things to note:
-The hood fits /follows the curves great and clears the timing cover.
-The front is up only because the hood pins are holding it up
-the vents are painted black already but since I hadn't decided if I want this hood for my red car or the white car yet, that is why the rest isn't painted.
-my headlights are only placed in there not mounted for the picture.

The only issue I found was that the mounting blocks were loose inside the hood and I had to fish them into place I didn't catch this a delivery.

Last edited:
No updates. Still waiting on my red car to get finished. I did however finish painting the hood, fender flares, front lip in preparation for when the cars done.

Other news Sergio was supposed to send out my new side skirts July 25th then changed the date to AUG 8th.. and i still haven't recieved the tracking info or side skirts. He hasn't returned my messages in 2 weeks, starting to get worried.

Last edited:
How about @rival - have you received and installed your hood yet?
I have received the hood and the V2 AMB Aero Kit. Hoping to have the hood on this weekend, just have to button up some engine stuff first. The kit arrived in good condition, just a minor crack on the side skirt. and the hood looks awesome, just waiting to fit it up. I will post pics when I do hopefully sunday.

slowwhite - Approximately how much weight reduction is taking place after swapping all those parts? Also what was the total cost? Sure looks like a big weight difference

Rival - there is a dsm car show sept 15th in rockhill we should head up together if you can make it

Yeah man I hope to have the car going by then... I have been scrambling to get it ready for the Time Trial National championship which is the 28-30 of September. if its running by the 15th I would love to head up and hang out with other dsm'ers.. not many around

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back