The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Rix Racing

Calling all SCCA Members... need your help

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Black95TSIawd

20+ Year Contributor
Jan 28, 2003
Dirty, New_Jersey
Some great news for DSM's and autocross!

Some of you might remember a few years ago, our very own @ACM posted about him "retiring" from SCCA autocross in lieu of DSM's being classed out of E Street Prepared to A Street Prepared. This essentially buried our cars from competition. Lets be honest, racing against Evo's, STI's, and BMW's that have 500bhp and 335 wide Hoosier slicks is not something a DSM can handle.

Well, a few weeks ago I sent a letter to the SCCA requesting DSM's to be reclassed from ASP to DSP. And, to my surprise, the Solo Board responded to my request! They would like member feedback in either support for or against this move. Well, please write your letters in support!!!

Follow this link... https://www.crbscca.com/ and reference letter # 23431 and claim your support for this move. Doesn't have to be a long letter since this is already a proposal. A simple sentence or two is fine. You can use my photo below as a guideline.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Thank for your help and lets make DSM's competitive in SCCA Solo once again!

Last edited:
It is part of the "Fastrack" rule process: you can see the February rule proposals at the web address below, search on letter #23431. Quick answer is it would apply to all Turbo DSM's 89-99.

file:///C:/Users/K0535442/Documents/New%20Folder%20(3)/18-fastrack-February-Solo.pdf

Just FYI, the 420a DSM 89-90 is in FSP, oddly the 89-90 Eagle Summit is already in DSP.

Last edited:
Wish I was still a member.. or I would.

I've been out of SCCA for close to 7 years now. I can't even remember my number, only ever did local events. Mainly just to have fun. But I think who ever put DSMs in A class is off their damn nut. DSMs have not been on that level since the 90s... Hell my short wheel base sc2 was faster at autocross than my dsm was in solo stock...

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back