The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

1G Caliper Rebuild Tips

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greekgodchaos

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 4, 2007
Vancouver, Washington
I've been rebuilding my rear brake calipers on my 1991 all-wheel-drive eclipse and using the how to guide http://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/how-to-rebuild-rear-brake-calipers.362859/ on how to rebuild your brake calipers was very helpful, but I have some improved tips that can be utilized to make the process a lot easier.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

instead of using a hose clip, use a vacuum cap and a worm clamp in order to keep the bushing and spring down while inserting the c-clip into the groove. once the assembly is installed in the c-clip is in place all you have to do is use the pliers to loosen the worm clamp and pull off the cap and bushing. In addition, I used a brass cap fitting that I drilled out to 23/64 instead of 3/8 as the guide recommends for a tighter fit on the spindle.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

When using snap ring pliers, make sure they're either extra long ones or you can go to Home Depot and get Crescent X2 long nose pliers and with some grinding down (I used my bench grinder) you can get them into the cylinders tight space to remove and install the c-clip holding in the handbrake auto-adjustment assembly.

Hope this helps! Long live the DSM community!

Alex

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back