The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Billings Montana DSM

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hi folks, I'm in Billings as well. Got a couple of 1g Talons and a Colt Vista. Say, does Tim Vallie frequent these forums at all?

hey I need help replacing the clutch in my 2g gs-t I know how to bolt stuff in alignment is my Achilles heel though plus wanting to get an LSD installed now is that sitting in the main tranny area or in the clutch area still kinda new with stuff and needing to learn rather than bend over for the mechanic and pay for hours of labor at $60/hr or so

hey I need help replacing the clutch in my 2g gs-t I know how to bolt stuff in alignment is my Achilles heel though plus wanting to get an LSD installed now is that sitting in the main tranny area or in the clutch area still kinda new with stuff and needing to learn rather than bend over for the mechanic and pay for hours of labor at $60/hr or so

I've had to do this a couple times to my '90 Talon, and it's not too hard, just takes a while and can be a pain if you don't have help lifting the trans back in. What do you mean about alignment, though?

I guess there is some sort of alignemt that needs to be done or maybe I'm going back to my crazies again I'll probably get started when i can my buddy works at carquest and he gets me the parts I need while i get the parts he wants for his comp

also I need good advice on really good rust eater stuff I saturated every bolt in my car with PB Blaster to no avail I think the car was a coastal car ### there is rusty bolts everywhere especially in the places I'm attempting to replace and upgrade (i.e. my cat back exhaust) any ideas guys?

I guess there is some sort of alignemt that needs to be done or maybe I'm going back to my crazies again I'll probably get started when i can my buddy works at carquest and he gets me the parts I need while i get the parts he wants for his comp

also I need good advice on really good rust eater stuff I saturated every bolt in my car with PB Blaster to no avail I think the car was a coastal car ### there is rusty bolts everywhere especially in the places I'm attempting to replace and upgrade (i.e. my cat back exhaust) any ideas guys?

Oh, probably the clutch alignment tool. It's a little plastic tube with a spline end for making sure your clutch is centered. They're like $10 to buy. I've got one if ya wanna borrow it.

And PBBlaster is what I used. Might have to just keep spraying it once or twice a day for a week. If it won't come out, might have to just cut it with the angle grinder. On stuff like exhaust, most of those parts are replaceable. On other stuff, you can always drill it out and helicoil it. I did that on one my damn exhaust manifold bolts.

I bought my clutch kit (OEM clutch) came with an alignment tool gonna probably do it next week either tuesday or wednesday might need help seeing as most of the bolt in my car have been really hard to remove seeing as this cars has the looks of having been a coastal car what with all the rusted stuck bolts on the under side or it was driven on roads with pure salt during the winter

I might have a full exhaust system that I'll wanna part with soon. I've got two 1g Talons. One is 2.5" with no cat, and I think a flowmaster muffler. The other is actually 3" all the way back, no cat, and no muffler, just a resonator. I'll probably part with the 2.5" one, and if you're interested, I'll make ya a deal.

I just need a downpipe for my 2g it broke I already have a 3"cat back with mil eliminator and catylic converter that I took a broom handle to so just need the down pipe what can you wheel and deal for me :thumb: buuuut if the price is tasty enough I might go for the whole thing

wow this is awesome I am very suprised and excited to see this many dsmers in billings I am currently building up a 1g gst eclipse and trying to get it done by the end of spring cant wait

Most of us are in Billings but here's a local forum to check out

MONTANA AUTOMOTIVE ENTHUSIASTS CLUB

It's Montana Automotive Enthusiasts Club and has everything from muscle cars to Subaru's to Hondas :)

We have meets all the time and do race events in Lewistown twice a year :)

hey guys got a new project 92 talon tsi and I'm struggling to get this poor car to run had it running one day and the next it wouldn't start a friend of mine from the forms and me have been working everyday for weeks trying to get it right and we are kinda at a loss now to what the issue is, so if anyone want to help I'd really appreciate it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back