The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

Best Oil Options??

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PhillyYo

Probationary Member
Feb 29, 2016
Houston, Texas
I recently purchased a 1991 Eagle Talon and it has 257000 miles on an original motor... the motor is still strong and has no leaks and I plan on doing a motor swap but till then what is the best oil option till the new motor?

Someone started a thread about what type of oil literally this morning. Not to mention the million other threads about which oil to use.

http://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/which-oil.501374/#post-153574612

I see you're from Texas, I would definitely recommend Rotella T6 Synthetic 5w40. The thicker oil will help protect in high temperatures as well as good additives to keep that motor running strong but I'm sure someone will chime in here about what oil they swear by.

Yeah i saw that one but since mine has 4x the amount of miles he had i was thinking that there was a high mileage version that people preferred but thank you for your recommendation I'll definitely check it out I've used Royal Purple in all my other vehicles

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back