The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

AWD Dyno?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acidflux

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 17, 2006
Fairbanks, Alaska
Any of you guys know if there's an AWD Dyno in Anchorage? I know there isn't one in Fairbanks. I really don't wanna send my car to the states to have it tuned. :sosad:

They do have one but as far as I know there aren't any AWD dynos up here. Can call make sure but that has been a sore subject for all of us AWD guys for longtime. Been lots talk about someone getting one but all it ever turns out to be is rumors.

I verified with Underground Performance and they do NOT have an AWD dyno and said nobody in the state has one.

If you want to dyno your AWD vehicle, you can purchase a VCE (Viscous Coupler Eliminator) from Sheptrans.com for 100 bucks and install it into your tranny. This will allow you to dyno your car because you then have locked your drivetrain 50/50 and I believe can unbolt the transfer case and run in FWD for your dyno session. It sounds easy to install too. I guess you unbolt some part of your transmission, pull some snap rings and swap it with the Viscous Coupler.

Never tried any of this before so I'm going off of what others have told me.

UAA's auto department does in fact have a Mustang AWD dyno (I know this because I just finished my major in general auto last year) but its broken :(

Only thing is as you know they don't let others use it. Would be nice if they did and if they charged for it and had certain times a year be availible maybe they could keep it running. :D

I convinced one of my instructors to let me use it for the purpose of testing emissions (don't remember what exactly for, but was really just going to dyno it :p) about a year and a half ago. Got it pulled up and strapped down when we realized it was broken, apparently its been out of commission for over 3 years! It was a sad day

I agree it sucks they have something so many would like to use and its broken and left to rot essentially. I think if they would allow others use it and of course charge them. I know I would pay a fee no problem. They could get it fixed and the students would then also benefit without hurting there budget. :confused:

Yeah finally after all these years of us awd people dreaming its finally going to happen an awd dyno ! I wish was in Anchorage but close enough.Hope it all comes togethor and won't cost tons to use it. Thanks P3 ! :hellyeah:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back