The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

2G AWD DSM RM front sway bar install (video)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

First of all, a big thank you to zilo900 and DGajre777 for their effort in putting together a tech article on completing this install. But if you're like me, things need to be overly simple in order to make sense of what is going on. And this install puzzled me for some 3 weeks ROFL

So if you're installing a front sway bar on your DSM (in my case, it's an AWD DSM and the sway bar is made by RM): THIS IS HOW YOU DO IT.

Prior to installing this sway bar, I did the following:
-Removed the old front sway bar (obviously) and both stabilizer links.
-Undid both bolts on the back of the lower-rear control arm on the passenger side to move it out of the way.
-Removed the passenger and driver's side gusset plates (an explanation and description of what these are can be found in a Chilton or Haynes manual).

My suspension was in pieces prior to this, so all of the other parts you see disconnected are not a necessity for this install.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

If you have any further questions, message me and I will update the tech article with these questions so that future DSMers can find answers to their questions too :D

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back