The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

anyone from winnipeg around here? or close

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Picked up a new project..
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Motor reportedly jumped time. Full intercooler and adjustable coilovers all around. Also came with an old EFI Systems PMS module.. talking pre-Link here. Theres a short thread on Talk about that very thing from a person in Mb so I might have the same car.
Body needs a bit of work, but scariest bit is donor metal for rear quarter. I dont want to cut into the other one unless absolutely necessary, and only then after the entire vehicle has been stripped for candidacy of revival. So the silver thong will be out this summer still..

Picked up a new project..

Motor reportedly jumped time. Full intercooler and adjustable coilovers all around. Also came with an old EFI Systems PMS module.. talking pre-Link here. Theres a short thread on Talk about that very thing from a person in Mb so I might have the same car.
Body needs a bit of work, but scariest bit is donor metal for rear quarter. I dont want to cut into the other one unless absolutely necessary, and only then after the entire vehicle has been stripped for candidacy of revival. So the silver thong will be out this summer still..
I seen this on kijiji hah , is it awd? What's the plan for getting this thing going new motor ? Rebuild? Or part out?

More pics??

Last edited:
Kijiji, huh.. :sneaky:

It is awd, yes. And I just bought replacement Gr2 struts for the FWD... =/ oh well. This one has GC coilovers on what I believe (by looking at them in the wheel well and top adjustment) KYB AGX.

The long block, depending on condition, I might hold on to or sell. I have a block already that was done 20 over and could use a cleaning but that's about it. They come with a set of 20over pistons that could use a smoothing from being stored improperly in a trunk for a couple months.. LOL Maybe that one will get the boot instead.

Timing jumped about 30 degrees crank rotation to cam on this car's engine so the piston head are likely pretty knackered. If I were to rebuild in the future, I would step up a bit from stock. That engine is my last worry, as my current motor is still std bore so it has life in it yet provided it doesn't remodel itself with a window.

If this 91 turns out to be worthy of rebirth, my current Talon will be donating a lot of chassis and trim parts to it..

Some previous owner decided to T off the fuel filter into the cabin for a fuel pressure gauge in the center vent. Fun times.

The autometer boost gauge is so old the text is flaking off in the gauge.. never seen that before.

Some pics..

and this is with the crank at TDC

Last edited:
Were you exceeding the speed limit when you were pulled over?
The white one is a handful. Still may turn out not to have been a great idea..

Just a note, dont discuss actions taken that day or other legal proceedings on an open online forum.

Were you exceeding the speed limit when you were pulled over?
The white one is a handful. Still may turn out not to have been a great idea..

Just a note, dont discuss actions taken that day or other legal proceedings on an open online forum.

Uhhhh .....no comment LOL

Part out hah? No seriously I need a spare power transistor unit and newer door seals hah
Does it at least have a good transmission, differential ect? Always good to have a spare drivetrain
How's the rust ?

We all gotta get a cruise together next month if the weather cooperates

Thanks for the advice
I'm kinda just lookin for any information pertaining to anyone's personal expirences with out going into specific details , if anyone has advice just pm me,
if not than it's all good

Enjoy the wedding social !
Btw I have that boost control solenoid If you still need it

I will likely, yeah.
Im not parting out.. yet.
i do have a spare hatch, door and quarter glass all around, and both bumpers. thats all for now.
door seals you will probably have tp buy new, out of the states, or maybe rockauto.

In so far as drivetrain, i dont know the condition. Havent driven it because the motor is shot. Who knows, the trans, transfer case, and/or the diff could be blown too..
if the "mods" are any indication of the maintenance.. scary thought.

methinks i might transfer the GC and agx combo over. even though many say you cant put awd rears on a fwd, those that actually try say its possible. the adjustability of the GC set might also account well for the height difference. need the ass end to stop squatting and causing the front to lift

Last edited:
Uhhhh .....no comment LOL

Part out hah? No seriously I need a spare power transistor unit and newer door seals hah
Does it at least have a good transmission, differential ect? Always good to have a spare drivetrain
How's the rust ?

I think I may have a power transistor all have to take a look. Do you need alot of parts for your eagle taylor?

I will likely, yeah.
Im not parting out.. yet.
i do have a spare hatch, door and quarter glass all around, and both bumpers. thats all for now.
door seals you will probably have tp buy new, out of the states, or maybe rockauto.

In so far as drivetrain, i dont know the condition. Havent driven it because the motor is shot. Who knows, the trans, transfer case, and/or the diff could be blown too..
if the "mods" are any indication of the maintenance.. scary thought.

methinks i might transfer the GC and agx combo over. even though many say you cant put awd rears on a fwd, those that actually try say its possible. the adjustability of the GC set might also account well for the height difference. need the ass end to stop squatting and causing the front to lift

I think the gas tank and the trunk would be the hardest part. Its a very ambitious project but hey projects can be fun. I thought of doing the swap on my first N/A.

Yeah, I wouldn't even bother doing an AWD running gear swap into a FWD chassis.
I'd rather clean up the white one and transplant my silver bits but until we clean up and OK the body/subframe of the white one, I'm transferring a lot of stuff into the silver one to make that a more "complete" car.. bits have been missing forever.

I just picked up new GR2 FWD rear shocks, but I'm going to try the AGX w/ GC coilovers first. The broken spring shouldn't cause too much of a problem since it's the very bottom coil; it my gall the adjuster ring a bit but if it's been like this for a while, then I don't see it being an issue.

Until the rest of the spring snaps LOL aw.

Hey there Guys been a Winnipeg minute since I've posted on here I've been working and enjoying the car. Just was making a last minute plan to make a showing all together if anyone was down. Hit me up going out tonight for a cruise

Hey there Guys been a Winnipeg minute since I've posted on here I've been working and enjoying the car. Just was making a last minute plan to make a showing all together if anyone was down. Hit me up going out tonight for a cruise

You might see me around tonight

I think there's something at ikea

Cool man right on

Hard to believe but it's officially been three years since I bought the laser hah
Let's hope for 3 more!
Not bad for a 800$ car and 75,000 km later !

So haven't heard much out of this thread for a while but figured id post. I have been driving the old girl around almost daily and shes been running alright. Ive also come at a loss recently with my AEM. I had a bad O2 sensor so the car was running like a POS. I haven't drove it must in the last week or so due to that and the fact I'm not in mb to even drive it. But I think I have decided to make the move to an innovate motor sports wide band sensor due to the support that ecmlink offers compared to the aem witch it kinda weird be it that aem is pretty top of the line. but that being said I'm not to hard pressed its not always about name in my but functionality because last thing I need is a blown motor on one that is at its service limit. So that being said I was wondering where dsm dave went. haven't seen or herd anything about this restoring of this awd tsi. Curt-s and I have been running around solo for the past few cruises witch is alright but I know there are more eagle out there. recently Justin W took his eagle his restored eagle to world of wheels witch was nice to see an eagle in the line up. He's done a ton of work witch is nice to see. I did have the opportunity to attend and race my car in gimili at his mom and dads track. there was an okay turn out ran some okay numbers that I cant quite remember the best but that being said it was a great day tons of passes were done think like 35 in total for the day. So hoping he has another one soon and we can see some new faces. But with that being said I'm looking at going to innovate mtx-l plus wbo2 sensor and have talked to Adam at Pmi Canada about pricing regarding there new sensor and said out of Ontario there 293 plus tax witch is great cause I'm currently in Calgary, AB they have 5% tax and I was going to order mine here but the local speed shops are quite dicey out here. I was quoted 287 plus freight then called back for the same sensor and it was 450 the next day. So rather then deal with the 3rd party I went to the dealer in Canada and asked who there authorized dealers were for Manitoba and came across fast enterprise in headingley. So I will see about getting the sensors threw these guys without the 400 dollar price tag. all keep you guys posted.

Hey man long time no see! Im down for a cruise night soon
my speedometer just went on me and the laser could use new tires tbh but i wouldnt mind cruseing with all you guys , havent seen any talons at "UE" at ikea when i went a few weeks ago

So mant talons around town that ive seen would be awesome to get alot of talons with us

Justins talon is very minty i checked er out an had to take pictures
So haven't heard much out of this thread for a while but figured id post. I have been driving the old girl around almost daily and shes been running alright. Ive also come at a loss recently with my AEM. I had a bad O2 sensor so the car was running like a POS. I haven't drove it must in the last week or so due to that and the fact I'm not in mb to even drive it. But I think I have decided to make the move to an innovate motor sports wide band sensor due to the support that ecmlink offers compared to the aem witch it kinda weird be it that aem is pretty top of the line. but that being said I'm not to hard pressed its not always about name in my but functionality because last thing I need is a blown motor on one that is at its service limit. So that being said I was wondering where dsm dave went. haven't seen or herd anything about this restoring of this awd tsi. Curt-s and I have been running around solo for the past few cruises witch is alright but I know there are more eagle out there. recently Justin W took his eagle his restored eagle to world of wheels witch was nice to see an eagle in the line up. He's done a ton of work witch is nice to see. I did have the opportunity to attend and race my car in gimili at his mom and dads track. there was an okay turn out ran some okay numbers that I cant quite remember the best but that being said it was a great day tons of passes were done think like 35 in total for the day. So hoping he has another one soon and we can see some new faces. But with that being said I'm looking at going to innovate mtx-l plus wbo2 sensor and have talked to Adam at Pmi Canada about pricing regarding there new sensor and said out of Ontario there 293 plus tax witch is great cause I'm currently in Calgary, AB they have 5% tax and I was going to order mine here but the local speed shops are quite dicey out here. I was quoted 287 plus freight then called back for the same sensor and it was 450 the next day. So rather then deal with the 3rd party I went to the dealer in Canada and asked who there authorized dealers were for Manitoba and came across fast enterprise in headingley. So I will see about getting the sensors threw these guys without the 400 dollar price tag. all keep you guys posted.

On a side note i just hit 300,000 afew weeks ago (b4 my spedometer broke LOL)

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back