The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Any PC gamers here?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FF7 was fun, and I loved it, but you need to be thrown to hell. (where I will slay you by clicking repeatedly in an extremely fast fashion) for comparing it to diablo. I've beat FF7 about 4 times, which is a lot for an RPG, but I have scene marriages fail (and marriages happen) because of Diablo

Will this count as a tech post LOL
I've been gamer myself since forever love the fps games and rpg games currently I play bf3 and crisis 2 but most favorite games ever are the old gameboy rpg games like ff, golden sun even pokemon LOL
PS: I have a sweet black eclipse gsx in nfsu 2 hahaha

me too, or used to be, now that i have a laptop it is harder to rape people on CSS

ff7 is my #1 favorite game of all time

chrono trigger
zelda a link to the past
all emulated on my mac ;) except FF7 so far. havent been able to do that one yet

There is a guy here on the forums who, I shit you not, plays CS every single day still. I'm afraid for the day he send me a server ip with intentions of me to join.

His username on steam: Corei7

So wait, no one played Tribes? And no one is playing the new one? it's f2p!

I played tribes.

Budokai was more enjoyable.

-troll-

There is a guy here on the forums who, I shit you not, plays CS every single day still. I'm afraid for the day he send me a server ip with intentions of me to join.

i used to play CSS EVERY ####ing day... my steam ID: deathcrow1 (gamer tag Urban Smoker)

I now have twin 5770's to pwn noobs in BF3 although i need to reinstall os. Gettin a lill slow right now

I now have twin 5770's to pwn noobs in BF3 although i need to reinstall os. Gettin a lill slow right now

reinstall is always good for a fresh start... but as a computer tech, there is probably much more you can do to speed up your machine without needing to F&R

how much RAM you got? what speed processor? are your video cards feeding off your system ram or do they have dedicated video ram? if so how much? what programs do you have on start up? multipul antiviruses? any registry cleaners? (reg cleaners do more harm then good) toolbars? check those and tell me if you still need to format reinstall

Phenom 9850 8 gigs of ram pc 8500 ddr2 cards are dedicated 1 gig each. Im running windows 7 ultimate 64 bit. I have origin syweam xfire logitch ccc my wireless card program jumi mouse all runnin at start up. Its not jist boot. Its been a while since i last did a fresh install. Im sure my regostry is sbot to hell. No antivirus or reg cleaner. Just installed programs and downloaded files. Origin crashes now and then and video playback is choppy on netflix. I use chrome and everything is updated aswell.

Phenom 9850 8 gigs of ram pc 8500 ddr2 cards are dedicated 1 gig each. Im running windows 7 ultimate 64 bit. I have origin syweam xfire logitch ccc my wireless card program jumi mouse all runnin at start up. Its not jist boot. Its been a while since i last did a fresh install. Im sure my regostry is sbot to hell. No antivirus or reg cleaner. Just installed programs and downloaded files. Origin crashes now and then and video playback is choppy on netflix. I use chrome and everything is updated aswell.

so many GHz is your AMD processor? 8GB DDR2 is plenty so that wouldent be an issue unless your memory was bad, if i were you id run a hard drive test (spinrite, or Hard drive regenerator) to see if you have bad sectors on your hard drive, more often then not a slow computer with sufficient hard ware points to a dieing hard drive. if your hard drive is a seagate... you will probably find lots of ECC and SEEK errors. these are standard from the factory but would still be in indication to back up data JUST INCASE! hatachi, toshiba are similar in this aspect. if you have a Western digital drive, use their diag tools, but in our shop we use memtest 4.6 and spinrite 6 by gibson research (both free) you have to burn the disk and boot from it.

if your test comes back with reallocated sectors or reallocated events or write errors, back up your data ASAP and get a new drive from newegg. cabling errors could mean your IDE or SATA cable is shot; but could also mean that your hard drive controller could be defective.

otherwise if a F&R does the trick do that, just sucks to have to back up your data and reinstall all your programs again..also not to mention IF it is a hard drive issue you will still experience slowness on boot and every day OS operation even with a fresh install of windows. an expected life of a hard drive in a laptop is 2-3 years, on a desktop, 3-5 years... hard drives are mechanical just like DSMS, moving parts just break sometimes..:toobad::notgood:

The Phenom 9850 is a 2.5ghz 1st generation Phenom which I'm pretty sure is standard as a BE (Black Edition). I have one running in a backup rig. It does it's job but just isn't efficient enough to really mess with. I've clocked mine to 3.2 stable but that was really pushing that poor core.

What you -really- need to do is install your OS on an SSD and get a higher velocity TB or pair of TB's for data storage. Also keep in mind that DDR2 is also currently inefficient and just can't keep up with the demands of today's gaming needs. It also depends on the stepping, brand, your voltages, etc.

You could easily make a "Ghost" of your current OS and transfer your standard files over. :) Or create a standard Reimage disk with preloaded programs and whatnot for future reinstallations like we do here at work if we ever need to reimage a workstation.

Nothing wrong with CSS, it's still a kickass game. Especially since there are soo many mods for it now. My favorite games and most played till this day is TF2, CSS (zombiemod and minigames is my current favorite mods) and MW3.

The Phenom 9850 is a 2.5ghz 1st generation Phenom which I'm pretty sure is standard as a BE (Black Edition). I have one running in a backup rig. It does it's job but just isn't efficient enough to really mess with. I've clocked mine to 3.2 stable but that was really pushing that poor core.

What you -really- need to do is install your OS on an SSD and get a higher velocity TB or pair of TB's for data storage. Also keep in mind that DDR2 is also currently inefficient and just can't keep up with the demands of today's gaming needs. It also depends on the stepping, brand, your voltages, etc.

You could easily make a "Ghost" of your current OS and transfer your standard files over. :) Or create a standard Reimage disk with preloaded programs and whatnot for future reinstallations like we do here at work if we ever need to reimage a workstation.

you basically just told him to buy a really expensive new computer LOL.... first of all SSDS while yes are fast to boot which is good and all, but if you loose data there is absolutely NO way to recover it from flash memory... also yeah eh DDR2 may not be as fast as DDR3 for current gaming BUT you just sugguested him to buy a new motherboard, processor/heatsink, the DDR3, and possibly a new powersupply and case (unless it fits) just to have the DDR3.. LOL

dont listen to him 8GB of DDR2 is plenty for most anything you would run at this point. sounds like your only bottle neck is the processor. overclocking really doesnt do THAT much.. and creates alot of heat but if you have the ventilation for it then go for it! or a liquid cool heat sink.

you basically just told him to buy a really expensive new computer LOL.... first of all SSDS while yes are fast to boot which is good and all, but if you loose data there is absolutely NO way to recover it from flash memory... also yeah eh DDR2 may not be as fast as DDR3 for current gaming BUT you just sugguested him to buy a new motherboard, processor/heatsink, the DDR3, and possibly a new powersupply and case (unless it fits) just to have the DDR3.. LOL

dont listen to him 8GB of DDR2 is plenty for most anything you would run at this point. sounds like your only bottle neck is the processor. overclocking really doesnt do THAT much.. and creates alot of heat but if you have the ventilation for it then go for it! or a liquid cool heat sink.

Well, to get the offensiveness out of the way, a quick Google search for the 9850 would have given you the specs of that CPU. Secondly, simply altering your CPU/RAM combination does not always require that you purchase an entirely new setup such as a Motherboard, Heatsink, etc. I'm sure you must be aware - being a Technician and all, much like I am, that most AMD platforms support both platforms for the Phenom and Phenom 2 architectures as well as DDR2/3 support while the lower end/less expensive/less structured boards do not. So for instance he may have a board that supports AM+ (2 or 3 whichever you want to look at) and thus he could simply swap out for a more efficient AMD3 structured Core as well as bump up to a higher stepped/mhz RAM, or to DDR3 entirely.

As for SSDs, they are much more efficient and while moderately pricey when compared to SATA/IDE drives, they are well worth the investment($40 Vs $90). I have yet to have a SSD fail on me, and for the record... why would you worry about recovering data from a SSD if all you keep on it is your OS which is easily replaceable. Plus if you have a failure you may as well be replacing the HDD anyhow.

;) Things like "8gb of DDR2" sounds like "18psi on a T3/T4 turbo" to me. It says nothing about the RAM nor it's efficiency value. As far as Overclocking doing nothing but generating heat.....I'm sorry you feel that way?....

Oh, by the way - he could have what I suggested for around $100. Unless you go to a privately owned 'shop'... then prepare to spend $150 on a 60gb Sata drive.

Well, to get the offensiveness out of the way, a quick Google search for the 9850 would have given you the specs of that CPU. Secondly, simply altering your CPU/RAM combination does not always require that you purchase an entirely new setup such as a Motherboard, Heatsink, etc. I'm sure you must be aware - being a Technician and all, much like I am, that most AMD platforms support both platforms for the Phenom and Phenom 2 architectures as well as DDR2/3 support while the lower end/less expensive/less structured boards do not. So for instance he may have a board that supports AM+ (2 or 3 whichever you want to look at) and thus he could simply swap out for a more efficient AMD3 structured Core as well as bump up to a higher stepped/mhz RAM, or to DDR3 entirely.

As for SSDs, they are much more efficient and while moderately pricey when compared to SATA/IDE drives, they are well worth the investment($40 Vs $90). I have yet to have a SSD fail on me, and for the record... why would you worry about recovering data from a SSD if all you keep on it is your OS which is easily replaceable. Plus if you have a failure you may as well be replacing the HDD anyhow.

;) Things like "8gb of DDR2" sounds like "18psi on a T3/T4 turbo" to me. It says nothing about the RAM nor it's efficiency value. As far as Overclocking doing nothing but generating heat.....I'm sorry you feel that way?....

Oh, by the way - he could have what I suggested for around $100. Unless you go to a privately owned 'shop'... then prepare to spend $150 on a 60gb Sata drive.

yeah he can interchange his RAM if his motherboard supports it.. i have no idea if his does or not. and yes you can swap processors if they have the same socket type. but again for the average user. most would not have an interchangable motherboard for DDR2/3

i said overclocking doesnt do MUCH and causes alot of heat. for the amount you work your processor you arent seeing too many gains. i dont know about you but i can not justify spending 150 on a 60GB drive... when i could spend that same amount and get a 2TB standard drive even if it is for speed. i think ill wait until a 500GB SSD is 200 bucks

and an os failure does not = buying a new hard drive....btw.. he said his 8GB of DDR2 had a high buss speed (PC2 8500)so it seems efficient enough for whats out there right now. DDR3 isnt really cheap buddy nor are SSD's OR a motherboard that has DDR2/3 compadibility. like i said the standard user will not have these and would have to upgrade more hardware then just processor and ram.

yeah he can interchange his RAM if his motherboard supports it.. i have no idea if his does or not. and yes you can swap processors if they have the same socket type. but again for the average user. most would not have an interchangable motherboard for DDR2/3

i said overclocking doesnt do MUCH and causes alot of heat. for the amount you work your processor you arent seeing too many gains. i dont know about you but i can not justify spending 150 on a 60GB drive... when i could spend that same amount and get a 2TB standard drive even if it is for speed. i think ill wait until a 500GB SSD is 200 bucks

The $150 for a 60gb HDD bit was sarcasm. ;) You're going to have to stick around for a bit and get used to my sense of humor. It usually comes off pretty abrasive. A lot of these parts can be had with connections like what I have for 1/4 of the cost people pay retail. You'd hate me to figure out what I spent $300 for and built.

We all... all know that an OS failure is no equal to that of a HDD failure. -cough- DDR3 is, in fact, rather cheap. As is your standard 64gb SSD as well as the cross compatible motherboard. And I'm talking retail here, not backdoor sales.

Cost example - Here's 8GB of Ripjaws for the $40 range. Retail. Wasn't aware that was expensive.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231426

The $150 for a 60gb HDD bit was sarcasm. ;) You're going to have to stick around for a bit and get used to my sense of humor. It usually comes off pretty abrasive. A lot of these parts can be had with connections like what I have for 1/4 of the cost people pay retail. You'd hate me to figure out what I spent $300 for and built.

We all... all know that an OS failure is no equal to that of a HDD failure. -cough- DDR3 is, in fact, rather cheap. As is your standard 64gb SSD as well as the cross compatible motherboard. And I'm talking retail here, not backdoor sales.

id like to know your vendor relationship, as of now my shop gets all its crap from newegg and marks it up from there :S:notgood::banghead::heystupid:

id like to know your vendor relationship, as of now my shop gets all its crap from newegg and marks it up from there :S:notgood::banghead::heystupid:

Hehehe. Everyone wants to know. Before I got into cars, I was into PC's. You just have to make backdoor friends. The offer is always out there for everyone - if you ever need something and need a better price, ask me and I'll see what I can do.

Hehehe. Everyone wants to know. Before I got into cars, I was into PC's. You just have to make backdoor friends. The offer is always out there for everyone - if you ever need something and need a better price, ask me and I'll see what I can do.

im not the one that needs good replacement parts. i rock a mac. (not exactally cheap or accessable for replacement parts) BUT my customers are usually in need of osmething in a good price or someting i can mark up from cost to be at a standard retail price. haha i was into computers before cars aswell, but i think i wanna take a dive into welding and fabrication for drag applications BACK ON TOPIC THOUGH!!!!

anyone like the new crisys over the origional? it looks really good but havent had a chance to pick it up, and i dont think its out on steam for the mac platform.

Right now im almost at the maxe with board. First gen phenoms can only support 1033 ram and u believe non duel channel i do believe. Ill have to tweak with it. I do know that its outdated. Im gonna start to save to build up a am3 system. I cannot run ddr3 on 1st gen phenom or a am2+ board. I love what i got and it has ran all the new games great. Now with two gpus all i need to do is soeed up the os and clean it up a bit

Right now im almost at the maxe with board. First gen phenoms can only support 1033 ram and u believe non duel channel i do believe. Ill have to tweak with it. I do know that its outdated. Im gonna start to save to build up a am3 system. I cannot run ddr3 on 1st gen phenom or a am2+ board. I love what i got and it has ran all the new games great. Now with two gpus all i need to do is soeed up the os and clean it up a bit

SCHAZAM XiKeiyaZI!!!!! told ya he would have to upgrade everything for ddr3!!! haha sorry to troll but all i have to say is PWNED!:tease: :thumb:

D;< Why do you have to have such a crappy board/CPU Setup?! Now I got trolled!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back