The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Any PC gamers here?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

- Update -

Finally finished the computer a few weeks ago :thumb:

CPU - Pentium 4 3.0GHz w/HT
Mobo - DFI Lan Party Pro 875B
RAM - 2GB PC3200 DDR400
HD - Western Digital Raptor 36GB (10k rpm)
Video - XFX Radeon 4650 (1GB AGP)
Sound - Sound blaster Audigy SE
Power - Antec Basiq 550 watt
Case - Antec 1080AMG
Monitor - Asus 24" LED
Speakers - Cerwin-Vega's
O.S. - Windows XP H.E.

Obviously the specs on it are nothing impressive, because they don't need to be, like I said I'm a bit old school when it comes to pc gaming so there's not point in spending a buttload of money on it.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited:
i'm a pc gamer. my steam name is the same as it is on here (though i havent played any steam games in awhile, mostly i've been playing bootleg version of Skyrim which doesnt use steam).

my PC is a gaming laptop. Alienware M17x-R2
Intel Core i7 Extreme 940xm 2.13 Ghz (3.33 Ghz turbo boost) but it's extreme, so that's 3.33 across all cores
8gb dual channel 1033 ram
ATI Mobility Radeon 1GB 5780 (2x in CrossfireX)
640gb hdd + 500 gb hdd
1920x1200 16:10 RGBLED screen (17.3")

you get the idea.

3Dmark06: 20512
3Dmark Vantage: 15041
3Dmark 11: 5003

Oh, and games i own/play:

COD mw2
COD black ops
BFBC2
LFD2
NFS underground 2
NFS Shift 2
Skyrim
Dirt 2

and some others but those are the main ones.

My pc is a bit out dated, as it was built when the i7 series first came out, and have not touched it since. . .

Corei7 920 @ 3.6ghz
12gb DDR3 1600Mhz
(4) 1TB Sata 6gb/s HDD
500GB Sata 6gb/s HDD (main)
Gigabyte EX58-UD5
(2) Nvidia Geforce GTX 260 SLI'd
Gigabyte Aurora Full ATX
Blueray DVD/Burner
DVD Burner
Creative Xfi Platinum Sound Card
Logitech G15
Logitech G500
(2) Acer 24" 2ms Monitor

Games I play. . . too many to list but here are the more popular ones.

CSS
TF2
MW3
L4D2
Unreal Tournament Black Edition
Red Alert 2 (oldie but goodie)

If anyone plays steam, add me, quadcore1289

I gotta post pics of my rig sometime.

I never did get a chance to get into the original Deus Ex, I was too preoccupied with the games I mentioned above. I always thought it did look pretty cool though.

So, since August 23rd, I've completed Deus Ex: HR on four separate occasions now and am going through it for a fifth time. I have so many hours into this game it's retarded. Soon, the time spent TF2 and Diablo2 will be surpassed by this game. I've yet to even fire up the expansion.

Hmm, might have to retract that d2 bit, I have 300 hours into TF2 but I'm sure, that since I was 16, when Lord of Destruction came out, I've put in far far more into d2 before I tore up my cd key in 2006 to prevent more life wasting.

EDIT: is currently loving life with his old P35 rig. Getting DDR3 benchies with suped-up DDR2 modules = teh sex.

Ah yes PC gaming my other hobbie, surprised I never noticed this thread before. I just recently got back into playing Quake II online. Not many servers left but it's still fun, certainly brings back good 'ol memories. I'm definitely old school when it comes to PC gaming.

Games I thought were a blast (from the past) to play and I own or did own at one point are...

Red Alert 1 & 2 w/expansion packs
Quake 1 2 & 3 w/expansion packs
Half Life w/Opposing Force & Blue shift
Red Faction
Serious Sam 1st & 2nd Encounter
Turok 1 & 2 (yes they made them for PC)
SiN
Heavy Metal
Dungeon Siege
Anarchonox
Unreal Tournament & UT2003
Rainbow Six
KISS: Psycho Circus
Midtown Madness 2
Max Payne
Clive Barkers Undying
Expendable

I still have this gaming computer I started building back in 2004 LOL. I intend on still finishing it too, regardless of the fact that it will be very outdated, but only because it will still be plenty fast enough to play my old PC games.
Only things I'm missing to finish it are, a video card, power supply and an operating system. Here's a picture of it so far (cpu & memory not connected yet) I hooked up an old power supply so I could see how the UV lighting would look...

The cover panel doesn't have a window on it in this picture, but I made one for it since then. I will post a picture of the finished project, whenever the hell that may be.

Wow. Expendable. Most of your list is like circa 1998! That's my style.

Is your rig an original Hammer platform? What was it... socket 754?

Last edited:
Wow. Expendable. Most of your list is like circa 1998! That's my style.

Is your rig an original Hammer platform? What was it... socket 754?

Haha yeah most people have never heard of that game, and yes the late 90's was the best era of pc gaming. Back in those days I played quake 2 online like it was nobodies business.

Mine is socket 478

I'll jump in here as I have been a PC gaming nut since I first played Diablo 1 back when I was like 9.

I've played so many damn PC games religiously, I regret how much time in took up in my pre-teen/teen years, but it was fun.

I build my gaming computer back in 2002 and upgraded a few things here and there when I absolutely needed to. I only ever upgraded two video gards, my power supply, and my processor from 2002-now and that's how it is today and it still runs good, still plays Crysis on high settings.

Since like 2007 I've really been no-where near of the gamer I used to be, basically since in my last year of high school I started getting into other hobbies(cars).

However I've been playing a bit more again lately since I'm finding it fun again and it's saving me more money than being out and driving all the time.

So this fall after I sold my Cammed LS1 fbody to help a financial fluke at school, I ended up getting the money back and instead of buying another car I pocketed most of the money, bought a $700 DD, and decided to dump some money on a new gaming computer since mine is simply old and shows it sometimes with the computer itself just being slow, HD being full. Yeah I could upgrade but I figured I'd rather have a clean slate, and keep my old gaming computer as a 2nd computer.

Here's the new setup when I got it and after put together:
All the goods

Assembly

I have the perfect little nook in the wall in my bedroom that's perfect for a computer, just wish it was a bit bigger, having the worst time finding a new desk to fit in it. If you can see the bottom shelf - I have an external hard drive sitting between it and the floor, it's holding it up hahaha.

Anyway this is the old computer setup, yeah it always looked like that, not the cleanest desk/pc area haha, remember this is like 3 years after I quit being so into the gaming and having to have my area nice haha

Test running the new setup on my extra desk I use for my laptop/homework.

New setup finished:

Final List:
12gb DDR3 Corsair Vengeance Ram
AMD Phenom II X6 3.2ghz Processor
1TB WD 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb HD
570GTX EVGA GeForce HD Video Card
ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ Motherboard
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX 850W Power Supply SLI-Ready

It's really nice being able to play all the new shit again maxed out on everything, even though nothing still really has come close to Crysis from 2007 haha.

Anyway the games I mostly play currently:
Planetside (PS2 when its comes out)
Killing Floor
Skyrim
Counter Strike Source
Starcraft II
Starcraft I
Diablo 3 Beta
Battlefield 2

A few of my biggest games I've been addicted to in the past and played way too damn much:
Many of these games I still have and sometimes play, but no-where near what I used to
Diablo II (2000-2002)
Starcraft (like 2000?->current) still play this here and there.
MechWarrior4 Vengeance(2001-2002)
Counter Strike 1.6 (2002->2004ish)
Warcraft III(2003-2005 pretty religiously, played it off and on since)
Star Wars Jedi Knight II Series (2003-->2007, really liked this game for some reason. Spent a lot of time in dueling servers)
Counter Strike Source (2004->current) only game I've always consistently gotten a few hours in each week on since the release.
Star Wars Galaxies(2003->2005) ####ing loved that game, got ruined in 05 though by the company
Planetside(2003-2005, and again 2009 for awhile, now in anticipation of PS2 coming out, I've been playing it again a lot)
World of Warcraft (2004-2007, yeah I'll admit it.. Was a wownerd, can't stand it now.)

Obviously I've played MANY more games, and I have a ton. but those are all the games I spent the most time on.

Well, I'm banned from steam,... Too good for the kiddies I guess.

Either way. I am very active on COD4 PC. I play Clowns Crossfire TDM and ATRS HC TDM a lot.

Hit me up if you wanna play sometime (On here of course.). SNs for COD4 PC are EVGAFTW and EVGAFTW1

XBL is EVGAFTW1

Haha.
You don't get banned for being a 100% legit player.

I played minecraft for 4 hours straight the first time I played it. It was so confusing, and interesting..and free.. I've not touched it since.

But yes, JK series ftw.

OO! What about Alice, and Alice: The Madness Returns? I like both, love the first enough to have played it through 4 times.

Haha yeah most people have never heard of that game, and yes the late 90's was the best era of pc gaming. Back in those days I played quake 2 online like it was nobodies business.

Mine is socket 478

Oh my, not hammer at all. Prescott?

Last edited by a moderator:
Off topic, but I think we can all laugh at this -

I was just remoted into a clients machine and this is one of the first things I found.

Start with money.
Then go nuts on CPU/Mobo/RAM, fill in the rest with what's left over.

At least, that's how I start. Then I get more money so I don't have to settle for 5400rpm hdds, and <600watt psu's.

So yeah, start with money.

Battlefield 2 Players.

If anyone wants to dust off the old game
and get back into some action on
this Saturday 25th, come join 1800 E.S.T.

Server IP 64.34.202.31:16567
Server name: HBD 24/7 Road Rage/Rotation

FF is On
Low Ping

Noobs or Pro's Welcome. It's just a game, remember to HAVE FUN!

Use your DSM tag for your players prefix for the characters name. This helps identify any DSM members between normal players or clans.

steamid: dejgaming

games i play:
cs:s
bf2/bf:bc2/bf3
COD:blackops
COD:MW3
DeadIsland
Just Cause 2
l4d/l4d2
TF2
Boarderlands

non-steam:
skyrim
UrbanTerror - free multiplayer first person shooter based on the quake3 engine

those are just the ones i have installed, mainly been playing blackops/mw3 tho when i have time to play. Played WoW for 15minutes during free trial and havent played since LOL. not my kinda game.

Computer:
CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 940 @ 3.4ghz + corsair H60 all-in-one liquid cooler
Mobo: ASRock A780GXE/128M
Ram: wintec 4x1gb ddr2 800
Hardrive: 500gb sata + 250gb sata
Grapics Card: Nvidia Geforce 285GTX 1gb
PSU: corsair TX750v2 750watt

loving it :)

Diablo III?

Never did like Diablo.

How could you not fall in love with the 8-bit "crushing" and bone "munching" sounds that were such a delight in d1?
d2... don't even get me started. As if v1.09 didn't #### me up, v1.10 killed it for good.

OMGZ! @@HEAVENLY@@ !!!GODLY!!!! ITEMZ 4 YOUR SOJ!!!!!

Trading channel 4 lyfe.

-shrug- I just didn't feel it. I think I was stomping the shit out of Final Fantasy 7 around that time, anyway.

-shrug- I just didn't feel it. I think I was stomping the shit out of Final Fantasy 7 around that time, anyway.

That's it. That's the difference.

The line is drawn at FF7/diablo. I have 7 close friends who all used their computers to game and some played diablo. Some played FF7 Not both.
There was a rare case of FF7 on ps1 in tandem with traveling to Kurast to slay Mephisto but by that time FF7 was gettin' old.

I'm off to play some Tribes: Ascend. Surely you guys remember Tribes.. Let's not talk about Tribes 2 unless we have to though. ;)

That's it. That's the difference.

The line is drawn at FF7/diablo. I have 7 close friends who all used their computers to game and some played diablo. Some played FF7 Not both.
There was a rare case of FF7 on ps1 in tandem with traveling to Kurast to slay Mephisto but by that time FF7 was gettin' old.

I'm off to play some Tribes: Ascend. Surely you guys remember Tribes.. Let's not talk about Tribes 2 unless we have to though. ;)

When Final Fantasy 7 got old, I went to Legend of Dragoon (Superior game, Sephi is still a hardass, however.) Back when Diablo was overtaking the PC world, I was in my Console gaming groove and couldn't be swayed. By the time I got into PC gaming I had just picked up Ragnarok Online and Neverwinter Nights. :thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back