The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

Any PC gamers here?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aww its not that bad, you can build a decent sandy bridge at the moment for 400-600$ that will demolish a console.

Im currently parting out a full I7 920 PC i was using for crunching and its priced well below retail.

Heres the deal, pc game developers are killing the pc gaming market, they charge less for pc games than they do for consel games and they have to do more work on the pc version because hardware is constantly improving. For this reason game developers are slowly turnin pc game quality into consel port quality. This is a big reason why I gave up on pc gaming, I kind of wish I hadnt because Battlefield 3 is coming out, so is the new Elder Scrolls.

I'm currently enjoying Duke Nukem HD, it's Duke Nukem 3D with amped up models, graphics, titties, sfx, music etc up to modern day standards. It has the ability to make an 8800Ultra sweat.

That's right, Duke Nukem.

I'm currently enjoying Duke Nukem HD, it's Duke Nukem 3D with amped up models, graphics, titties, sfx, music etc up to modern day standards. It has the ability to make an 8800Ultra sweat.

That's right, Duke Nukem.

I think most new games will make a 8800Utlra sweat. Its G80 chipset is slowly being challenged.

A friend of mine has my old XFX 8800Ultra on a 1156 quad and it sweats at Fallout 3 and BFBC2.

I think most new games will make a 8800Utlra sweat. Its G80 chipset is slowly being challenged.

A friend of mine has my old XFX 8800Ultra on a 1156 quad and it sweats at Fallout 3 and BFBC2.
You're right, g80/g92 is pretty much on it's last legs. I don't think I'll be able to keep up with the next wave of games.
What kind of resolution is he running? Higher than 1920x1200? V-synch on or off?
Something's up if he can't maintain 60fps, everything maxed. I suppose 16xQ and 16xAF might give it something to think about.

That's not really the point though, Duke3d is from like 1996. I just meant to illustrate that the "build engine" has been updated to the point that hardware invented 11years in the future can be a limiting factor. The result is more fun and more pleasing visuals than in DNF. Maybe an overstatement, but I don't care :)

steam- ed1380
Used to be a pc gamer but dont have time now. I spent 2 years playing Wolfenstein. same 6 maps averaging 3 hours/day made me real good LOL.

I was big into the first STALKER. Havent really played the sequels.
HL2 series has been great. so has portal.
Thinking of installing BC2 again. maybe if someone else on here has it.

I've dabbled in pc games once or twice (probably why ive got a big pile of parts sitting behind my chair)

Attachments

• rig.jpg
    rig.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 60
I play World of Warcraft. Been rather bored with lately. New raid came out 2 weeks ago and guild has allready killed 5/7 hardmode bosses. With just 2 more to go I doubt I will be playing it much over the next 6 months before new content is released.

I also started again today. I just can't find anyone here in Oregon who wants to get off their ass long enough to do something. This has to be the most anti-social state I have ever seen, if you want to hear some lies just ask someone here about their friends. The truth is no one in Oregon has friends!

The only problem I've ever had with WoW is the majority of the players SUCK in a game that is mind numbingly easy and is only getting easier, the odd thing is the easier the game gets the worse the players are.

It's still pretty bad and I even play on Mal'Ganis which is one of the best servers in the world, I think it ranks 2nd or 3rd in English speaking realms.

And yes, some CS servers will slap (takes life or moves you slightly sometimes both), kick you from the server, temp ban, or perm ban you for camping. Some of those servers that limit snipers will allow only the sniper to camp also.

I'd suggest ARMA II to more people but to be honest the game gets boring fast and it isn't too much fun trying to look all over the place because most people are going to start shooting at their weapons maximum range. I've been shot as far as 615 meters downhill with a M4A1 SOP mod carbine by someone not using a sight or scope, just iron sights. I have also been sniped with a M16 with a marksman sight from about 800 meters. The worst was a 1850 meter snipe from a dude who was standing on top of a tower and I was along some coast line defending a position.

Granted the game is fun because it's the most realistic military simulator you will play but getting shot by someone who is only visible with a set of binoculars or a scope nearly every time you are killed gets real old. Not to mention most of the modded servers have AI scripts be just as bad if not worse with accuracy, and some of those modded servers have insane player caps with even more insane bot caps. I played 64 vs 64 players with 1000 bots per side at a LAN party. Considering there are jets, AA weapons, SAMs, helicopters, motor cycles, ATVs (modded in), Humvees, AT weapons, RPGs, snipers, pistols, just about anything you can imagine. The game gets crazy. Try just walking around with out a predator exposing you and getting hit with mortars or something ridiculous like that.

I'm a big fan of PC games but I think these games either do too little or too much. I don't think there is a dev team out there that has any idea of how to balance their games content with out giving into the cry babies who end up ruining the game for everyone.

Hell the new Call of Duty is horrible, I tried playing it last night but gave up because every match I played had one side winning because 90% of the other team (some matches 100%) were just camping the entire match. What really set me off was dropping the controller and when I picked it up and looked up I notice my cross hairs were tracking someone from behind a wall. Just out of curiosity I shot and killed him. So I figured well shit lets see how bad the auto aim really is, I figured that depending on the weapon I could be up to 8-9 inches off the target but still manage to hit them, but here's the thing. I tested this offline on multiplayer on the same console (not even LAN), so latency was not causing this.

I really have to laugh at these idiots I work with who think they are so bad ass that they "own" on Black Ops. One thing I did notice is the players who actually were good seemed to notice they couldn't get nearly as many kills. I noticed this too, in MW2 I could easily get at least a 7 kill streak every round on a bad day, on Black Ops I have a 79% accuracy rating while still letting my GF mess around once in a while but yet it seems like lately I'd be lucky to get a 5 kill kill streak reward. I go back to MW2 and suddenly I am a good again. It really is amazing how auto aim upsets the balance of pro vs newb.

Anyway, I was thinking about buying Operation Flashpoint: Red River, but I only want it for the COOP fireteam engagement missions. The only problem is I know no one will want to do these. If anyone is interested in any real hardcore gaming (FPS) let me know.

Dude I have been to Oregon, you are soooo right. Peaple will not even speak to you. Its like dont even ask for directions....LOL.

u have the G13!! awesome your the first person ive seen have it besides me. how do you like it? think it was worth the money? i love mine!!!

i love it man the g19 keyboard is hoss i need too upgrade my desk (and get a beer fridge)

some of my other pc accessories

Attachments

• keyboard.jpg
    keyboard.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 56
  • mouse.jpg
    mouse.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 52
im thinking about getting the G19 but dang 200$ for a keyboard! and what mouse is that? im thinking about the G9x mouse and the G930 headset also but that's dang near 400$ for all that.

P.S. I Love NEWEGG!!!

Ah yes PC gaming my other hobbie, surprised I never noticed this thread before. I just recently got back into playing Quake II online. Not many servers left but it's still fun, certainly brings back good 'ol memories. I'm definitely old school when it comes to PC gaming.

Games I thought were a blast (from the past) to play and I own or did own at one point are...

Red Alert 1 & 2 w/expansion packs
Quake 1 2 & 3 w/expansion packs
Half Life w/Opposing Force & Blue shift
Red Faction
Serious Sam 1st & 2nd Encounter
Turok 1 & 2 (yes they made them for PC)
SiN
Heavy Metal
Dungeon Siege
Anarchonox
Unreal Tournament & UT2003
Rainbow Six
KISS: Psycho Circus
Midtown Madness 2
Max Payne
Clive Barkers Undying
Expendable

I still have this gaming computer I started building back in 2004 LOL. I intend on still finishing it too, regardless of the fact that it will be very outdated, but only because it will still be plenty fast enough to play my old PC games.
Only things I'm missing to finish it are, a video card, power supply and an operating system. Here's a picture of it so far (cpu & memory not connected yet) I hooked up an old power supply so I could see how the UV lighting would look...

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

The cover panel doesn't have a window on it in this picture, but I made one for it since then. I will post a picture of the finished project, whenever the hell that may be.

OMFG. Deus Ex: Human Revolution on Aug 23.

Please tell me there's someone here obsessive enough to be currently playing the original with the HDTP mod in anticipation of the new release. Where Invisible War failed, Human Revolution will do far more than just "win".

OMFG. Deus Ex: Human Revolution on Aug 23.

Please tell me there's someone here obsessive enough to be currently playing the original with the HDTP mod in anticipation of the new release. Where Invisible War failed, Human Revolution will do far more than just "win".

I never did get a chance to get into the original Deus Ex, I was too preoccupied with the games I mentioned above. I always thought it did look pretty cool though.

PC's FTW!

I have a bunch of games, go on kicks and play a ton then back to whatever haha.

I'm joel_kramer on steam and have a Core i7 940 with liquid cooling and crossfired 5870's on air (built this rig a couple days after the 5000 series came out haha. Gotta get 6000's now).

Joel

Well, I'm banned from steam,... Too good for the kiddies I guess.

Either way. I am very active on COD4 PC. I play Clowns Crossfire TDM and ATRS HC TDM a lot.

Hit me up if you wanna play sometime (On here of course.). SNs for COD4 PC are EVGAFTW and EVGAFTW1

XBL is EVGAFTW1

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back