The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Any Fairbanks guys active?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ya, i usually don't say much on this forum though. i Usually browse around for idea's and what-not. :thumb:

Right on right on. My 2.3 stroker should be on the street by the end of the weekend I'm hoping. It's been a battle...

Timing belt
Power steering/motor mount bracket replacement
Correct alternator tensioner
Alternator replacement
New battery
FP Race turbo manifold
FP HTA68 turbo
Swap shitty Siemens Deka 750's with FIC 850s
Install ECMLink V3
Discover bad 3" GM MAF
Discover bad 3 bar map sensor
Reinstall 2g MAF (check engine light goes away)
Adjust clutch (car wouldn't shift without being shut off)
Discover transmission is destroyed (gears showing outside of case after one lap around yard)
Remove transmission

That's where I'm at. Gotta install the replacement tranny hopefully tomorrow evening, and then start testing/tuning and getting everything dialed in. Once it's all dialed in and running the way I want, I'm installing a snow performance stage III water/meth kit and cranking the boost.

I probably have another year or two before mine's finished. Mine's in pieces in the garage. I'm restoring and rebuilding, so I'm replacing part of the frame and everything else with rust.

acid, im always looking for new stuff to throw at the car, you still have your 16g setup? Ive got to change the headgasket on mine, keep overheating under boost on the highway, tranny sounds like its about to explode when I decal too. If you guys ever need any help or anything Im on Eielson.

I have an ebay evo 3 16g that's in excellent shape, almost brand new, a 2g turbo manifold that's in ok shape, a few stress cracks but nothing i'd worry about, siemens deka 750cc injectors, a hacked 1g MAF, a GM 3bar map sensor, 3 parts cars, and every bolt you can imagine.

I also have a cometic MLS gasket for a 7 bolt, and a few other misc odds and ends that i can't really use right now.

well im in need of a few parts so maybe we can meet up sometime, biggest thing is the transmission for a 90, im gonna be out of state for a few weeks until mid july. but if you want to get rid of some stuff im interested.

I have a transmission from a 90 sitting here, and it should be in good shape. It's pretty dirty though, but that's to be expected with a used transmission.

well july 20 ill be back in AK, if you want to get rid of it i will buy it.

I just got a 91 eclipse gsx last month. Since then I put in a few mods. I needs some help with the tuning issue.

I have only seen one DSM in Fairbanks for awhile and he lives down the street.LOL.
Glad to see their are others out there!

There's a lot more than you think. One works at Taco Bell, a grey 2G eclipse converted talon, a white 1G tsi awd, a 1G talon at Jiffy Lube, a 2G GST owned by an older native lady, a white 2G spyder, a green 2g RS, and a beaten Laser RS turbo that I would love to get my hands on.

I have 5 talons. 2 Toys and the rest for parts. It's nice to look out my window and see two sexy front mounts looking at me. Still waiting on parts though, story of my life.

Ive ran into the guy from Taco bell. He followed me for a little while and then disappeared. Im looking into getting a black 99 gsx also. It has a blown head gasket so im gonna get a good deal

Acid, I'm back in AK. Still needing a tranny for my 90. I have that and a HG to change. I cant get a break with this thing. If you have some time id like to look at it. I can PM you my number.

Got oil in my coolant. Is it possible the hg is blown?

What mods? What tuning issue? Details.

3' turbo back exhaust system, evo III 16g, mbc, fpr, 560 injectors, boost gauge and fp 4' intake.

The only way for oil to get into the coolant is through the hg or a cracked block.

Got the head off today. What machine shop would you guys recommend take my head to clean and valve job? How can you tell if it a crack block? Hopefully replacing the HG will fix this problem.. Thanks for the reply..

Im going to be replacing my HG this weekend, should just be a straight swap and install of ARP studs. Lets hope everything goes well and my head is straight. Anyone want to buy a talon? LOL..

Got the head off today. What machine shop would you guys recommend take my head to clean and valve job? How can you tell if it a crack block? Hopefully replacing the HG will fix this problem.. Thanks for the reply..

Northern Industrial Machine off of Davis Rd. They do nice work for a good price.

will be moving to Fairbanks here this June. Just sold the Evo's for the move. Maybe looking for a 2g AWD DSM (discovered they are much cheaper to build) who knows :D

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back