The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

420A Air intake hose

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RidleyNoah

Proven Member
Jul 3, 2014
Redondo Beach, California
I just shortened my AEM V2 which brought it up into the engine compartment (see attached pic). I was wondering if there would be any benefit to adding a 3" or 4" hose from the cut out next to the fog light up next to the filter. Just to bring some cold air into the engine compartment so the intake isn't breathing warm/hot air?
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Honestly i dont think you will get any benefit from it. It looks like it has a lot of breathing room where you have it so you'll be alright

Thanks guys. Pretty much how I feel but it's nice to get some other opinions.

I moved my filter to the fender well. This has improved my iat. Before I was getting heat soaked. It doesn't really rain too much here in Arizona so I'm not worried about the water getting in. I'm seeing 10-12 degree difference from ambient temp.

The v2 model puts the filter down by the bottom lip of the bumper. Gets plenty of cold air but the filter picks up all kinds of road grime and even though we don't get much rain here in so. cal. it's still a concern going through puddles when it does. Hopefully where the filter is now it's not getting the engine compartment heat although the inlet tube gets pretty warm from the engine heat.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back