1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Trouble Logging In or Staying Logged In?

CLEAR YOUR BROWSER COOKIES! More info about this can be found here. If you still have trouble after clearing your browser's cookies and cache, reply to that thread and tell us what browser you're using and what device you're using.

AEM F/IC on the 420a?

Posted by dsmaz, Oct 20, 2013

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
  1. dsmaz

dsmaz Proven Member

Joined Apr 17, 2012
    Bullhead City, Arizona
    Ive been doing a lot of research on turboing my car lately. Im in the market for an ems system and megasquirt as everyone knows is expensive. I found this AEM FIC and im thinking this would be a cheaper alternative to megasquirt. what are anybodys thoughts on this and if it could work on my car thanks.:thumb:
    heres the link i was looking at http://www.treadstoneperformance.com/product.phtml?p=4552&cat_key=930&prodname=AEM+F/IC+4+30-1920

Featured Products from our Supporting Vendors

2. VelocitàPaola

VelocitàPaola DSM N/T Moderator

Joined Jun 14, 2005
    Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
    There's more information about it on the Neon forums (neons.org), but I don't think it's an apples-to-apples comparison. MegaSquirt systems are way more capable and they aren't that expensive anyway.

My DSM:
  3. dsmaz

dsmaz Proven Member

Joined Apr 17, 2012
    Bullhead City, Arizona
    I am leaning toward megasquirt but just researching my options. thanks:aha:

4. jayson427

jayson427 Proven Member

Joined Dec 20, 2011
    Mesa, Arizona
    I just seen ms v2 for 250 on 2gnt.com so there are ways to get it cheaper especially if you go with a DIY kit.

My DSM:
  5. dsmaz

dsmaz Proven Member

Joined Apr 17, 2012
    Bullhead City, Arizona
    what are other good sights to get megasquirt from??

6. hckyplya8

hckyplya8 Proven Member

Joined May 19, 2011
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin
    I had 30-1913 FIC on my fully built and boosted 420a. It ran good when i got into boost however from 2800-3300 RPM roughly i had a bad sputter when cruising and once i would try to get on the gas it would sputter and stumble and then like catch itself and get into boost. Once I was in boost it was fine. Not sure if this was a tune problem or wiring problem. I had talked to someone at AEM and was told that when connected properly and with a good tune this should not happen. i took my car to a local tuning shop and the guy ended up messed up my FIC box really bad and its toast. Considering getting the FIC-8 for the boost control. The FIC did not throw a check engine light and was able to pass emissions tho.

7. dsmaz

dsmaz Proven Member

Joined Apr 17, 2012
    Bullhead City, Arizona
    thanks for the info

8. Redneck98Eclipse

Redneck98Eclipse Probationary Member

Joined Mar 26, 2018
    Bloomingburg, Ohio
    Does anyone still have some decent tables for the AEM FIC? Like a post tune or really good pre tune. I have the AEM FIC for my turbo setup just looking for a good starting off point from a table that is ready to go..