The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

acl tri tri-metal bearings vs acl aluminum bearings

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2g awd dsm

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 24, 2011
longview, Washington
hi i am interested in buying ACL race bearings but i want to know the difference in the tri-metal and the aluminum ones which are better or what. let me know please and thanks!!

Oldie, but at least you searched right?

Use what fits your application. If its a street driven car, stick to the standard aluminum. The aluminum is a a softer material which will embed trash and debris into the bearing itself sparing the crank from potential damage/scaring. The tri-metal has a much harder wear surface, which is more durable in a high stress race environment, but is less forgiving to foreign debris.

I'm personally a fan of aluminum bearings because its ability to embed debris from everyday dust/dirt. Plus, the crank rides on a film of oil and if your clearances/pressure is good the crank should never touch down.

High HP race cars are different, as aggressive tuning, rev limit, rotating assembly weight...etc all play a role in bearing wear life.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back