1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Trouble Logging In or Staying Logged In?

CLEAR YOUR BROWSER COOKIES! More info about this can be found here. If you still have trouble after clearing your browser's cookies and cache, reply to that thread and tell us what browser you're using and what device you're using.

99 GSX Rebirth/Clean-Up/Build

Posted by bettfootball, Feb 10, 2013

Please Support Boostin Performance
  1. mikEclipse99

mikEclipse99 Proven Member

Joined May 9, 2008
    Medina, Ohio
    Lookin good Brady! I seriously threw my old fog light bezels and the moon shaped covers in the front bumper away a few years back haha

My DSM:
    1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX

10.10 @ 151.21 MPH

Featured Products from our Supporting Vendors

2. bettfootball

bettfootball Proven Member

Joined Mar 7, 2010
    bettendorf, Iowa
    Thanks Mike.

I don't need the fog covers, I'm pretty sure I got the last brand new sets from JNZ a few years back, mine are perfect. But They won't be perfect forever!

3. 181161

181161 Proven Member

Joined Mar 19, 2011
    El Paso, Texas
    well they don't look like the ones in the pic all brand new and stuff. But they are both in one piece. They are gray looking and you can see the fading. I've never painted them but that's what I would do. But if you want 100% oem color then I understand.

My DSM:
    1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GST

Street Build

50trim   manual
    1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST

Street Build

20 @ 20 MPH
  4. bettfootball

bettfootball Proven Member

Joined Mar 7, 2010
    bettendorf, Iowa
    Ahh gotcha. Yeah there are dozens available all over the internet but just looking for new/ close to new ones. Thanks though!

5. brian9397gsx

brian9397gsx Proven Member

Joined Apr 28, 2008
    sioux city, Iowa
    As far as oil leaks go I generally don't have a problem with them either and haven't rocked balance shafts in 10years. Surface prep is key and not over torque fasteners. I generally clean everything really well with a razor blade and then block it with 400 grit sandpaper on a flat block. Just enough for it to flatten out. Then rtv the corners. Also almost every seal is OEM I've used aftermarket gaskets in the past and they degrade. The OEM gasket is almost rock hard and a real bi*** to remove especially on the front cover.

My DSM:
    brian9397gsx 1993 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX

19.80 @ 35.55 MPH
    CrackedDSM and bettfootball like this.