The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Rix Racing

99 GSX Rebirth/Clean-Up/Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yo,

Took some pics of the eclipse and my dog Zoey!

30484516808_4ff2eeecc0_o.jpg

30484516748_74628235c1_o.jpg

43635203074_517aa57fe5_o.jpg

43635203014_c9885a4975_o.jpg

30484516448_ed96f295fc_o.jpg

43635202934_6a3ab78678_o.jpg

Peace!

-Brady

That car is literally perfect; not figuratively. Good job.
Thanks man!

Theres a lot I wish I could do (tubular front/rear subframes, all adjustable control arms front and rear, Recaro evo 9 seats, evo 9 steering wheel, built drivetrain etc etc)

Just have to kind of call it quits on the big stuff at some point! Focus on the small things!

-Brady

Looking good man its come a long way, I gotta get my thread going, but no time maybe this winter when things slow down.

Love how much cleaner the PWS area is with all that hardware deleted.

I just don't know if I could go with out PWS.

View attachment 550099

I agree, honestly if I had a couple hundred dollars blowing a hole in my pocket I would go with an electric power steering setup, though.

Nice, and no issues with it trying to die on you? I hear some do and some dont, i love the sound and cannot wait to do the S2's now LOL

Nice, and no issues with it trying to die on you? I hear some do and some dont, i love the sound and cannot wait to do the S2's now LOL

Honestly i'm very surprised it starts up so well and idles great haha. No FIAV/ ISC etc. Speed density helps a ton i'm sure? I don't really know haha

Honestly i'm very surprised it starts up so well and idles great haha. No FIAV/ ISC etc. Speed density helps a ton i'm sure? I don't really know haha
Haha nust luck then i guess. Not everyone is that lucky

How hard is it to start in the winter?

It hasn't been driven in the winter in many years to be honest. Like are you wondering if it will start in 0 degree temps? I have always had the ISC/ FIAV deleted and never remember an issue or annoyance. I always let my car warm up a bit before driving though.

I have issues with idle on startup. It will fire after a couple cranks, but then I have to hold the idle at 2k for 10-20 sec's to get it to catch.

EVO 3 IM 60MM
1G TB 60MM
Block off plate no FIAV or ISC.
Kelford 272.

I was actually getting idle issues and codes for it. Had to adjust my idle to 1000-1050 to get to run right with no codes. This all happened after I switched from my Magnus to evo 3 and elimated TB controls.

It hasn't been driven in the winter in many years to be honest. Like are you wondering if it will start in 0 degree temps? I have always had the ISC/ FIAV deleted and never remember an issue or annoyance. I always let my car warm up a bit before driving though.
How do you get away with no ISC? Do you simulate it via SD or it adjusts for air temps or something?

I have issues with idle on startup. It will fire after a couple cranks, but then I have to hold the idle at 2k for 10-20 sec's to get it to catch.

EVO 3 IM 60MM
1G TB 60MM
Block off plate no FIAV or ISC.
Kelford 272.

I was actually getting idle issues and codes for it. Had to adjust my idle to 1000-1050 to get to run right with no codes. This all happened after I switched from my Magnus to evo 3 and elimated TB controls.

SD?

How do you get away with no ISC? Do you simulate it via SD or it adjusts for air temps or something?

I'm just lucky I suppose? I can upload a cold start video if you would like! I don't recall ECUFLASH having anything regarding ISC simulation. Thing starts right up, I have to keep my foot on the pedal for maybe 20 seconds at 1000rpm but then it will idle fine.

SD?

I'm just lucky I suppose? I can upload a cold start video if you would like! I don't recall ECUFLASH having anything regarding ISC simulation. Thing starts right up, I have to keep my foot on the pedal for maybe 20 seconds at 1000rpm but then it will idle fine.
Thats cool, i would eventually like to ditch the isc also as they are just something else to break, dontknow if i can use a map sensor to work it out or not. Im not great with this kinda stuff but im about to learn ecmlink as i need my new ecu in so i wanna learn what i can and cannot do, shall lesrn eventually

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back